Share your tunes

I don’t finish a lot of songs, this is one pf my favourites. All made in Renoise, no hardware in sight for this one.

Some cracking music in this thread!

4 Likes

I gave this one its own thread but was disappointed by the non-appearance of the expected torrent of effusive praise* so here it is again:

*I shouldn’t have to spell out that I’m joking, but this is the internet so… I’m joking. This is just a fun little jam but I like it.

5 Likes

I would agree with Minos. It’s a solid dub techno tune. Nice mix. Nice low end. But I thought the first bit just didn’t go with it. I know you say you dig the radio bits though. It’s all subjective. I like old found sound and radio snippets too, but it just seemed strange in this context. My two cents.

@Minos

Glass Menagerie is fantastic. I wish I could do an entire song on the Rytm and get it sounding that good! Lush song no matter what it’s made on though. You should consider doing more in this style!

@Tanburi

Wow, this wins the award for most unique piece here. Great to hear something totally different, and very beautiful.

@Unifono - Flight of Fancy is pure quality. Nice vid too! I can tell a lot of work and heart went into this project. It shows. What a great 3D sounding mix. Very wide and spacious, everything sits just right, imo. Nice pumping pad sound, heavenly vocal snippets, heavy vibrating bass, and then… strings too! If anybody hasn’t watched this, do yourself a favor and check it out.

@dtr - that’s some damn fine techno my friend.

4 Likes

Ooooh, that just erupts into something splendid at ~ 1:50! Very cool.

1 Like

A recent ish Digitakt jam with home brew samples (except the vocal). Got loads of stuff on the box to record. Been waiting for OB but think I’ll give up on that and make my peace with just using the stereo outs.

Some great tracks on this thread. Well done gang.

a good bye song to my machinedrum before it was sold…track is A4 MK 1 +MD UW

@Bwax Thank you! I’m still not entirely happy with the sound of it so I’ll be multitracking it over the next few days and making it a bit cleaner and adding bits to it.

I did this this evening - electro buzz. Really happy with how it turned out. Didn’t use any hardware for this, just all sample mangling in the box in Ableton with some soft synths.

5 Likes

It’s bowed Turkish style (the instrument, not the music) tanbur :wink:

1 Like

Lol, I read your original post as Tanzbar and thought you meant the drum machine!

Ha! It can be like a dancing bear sometimes :smiley:

instrumental made on a Rytm in 2016

5 Likes

That percussion and ethnic mood are awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Cheers mate! It’s the reason I came back to the OT, it was the only hardware that could do what I’ve been hearing in my head for years.

cool thread folks… keep them coming :slight_smile:

Thank you for your nice words. Very kind! The video was done by a friend, the strings were played by my brother :slight_smile: I arrange them in Kontakt but then he always plays them for me. I’m a string addict :wink:

2 Likes

This is my first DT track, from some iOS synth samples, still getting the hang of it!

Was that an Octatrack or did you go record some mystical ceremonial music in a far off temple? :smiley:

1 Like

Ha ha :smile: I guess I got the chip tune vibe I wanted then, and i suppose that nice fella Wendy has a bit about her musically :smile:

Very enjoyable and cinematic sounding :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words! There was a huge amount of cutting and pasting involved in creating the spoken word part of that one.