Share your tunes

Sounds fine to me. I think your audience can’t possibly as obsessed about a clean master than the artist. They don’t give a shit if the tune kills. (;

1 Like

quick chillout doodle, DT just for drum tracks (I have couple midi tracks for DN there, but didn’t use them in this version)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
Short version:
Lots of sampling youtube synth demos, editing samples and creating “sound palettes” which I chuck in the DT and work with. Extensive use of long evolving pad and chord samples with Lfo > sample start. I start with some random trigs, reverb and delay and things start sounding very nice already. I keep adding layers, mindful of keeping things syncopated and in key, but rarely use up all 8 audio tracks. Getting reverb, delay and compressor settings just right takes a while but pays off in a big way for overall sound.
I mostly bounce 1 take, but sometimes will bounce 2 or more parts down to arrange in Logic. A bit of compression on master and thats it.

2 Likes

We just released this. Synths in this are (if I recall) Prophet 6, Matrix 1000, and possibly a bit of Sub 37. Tonnes of guitar too.

4 Likes

Digitakt into OT, both resampled and thru :slight_smile: Also, my cat telling me to end the track around min. 4…
3 Likes

Very good! Great track. It reminds me of some of the cool songs in GTA 5’s Radio Mirror Park :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a big compliment, thanks! Funnily enough, I found some of my favourite music through that. Kauf is now a desert island artist for me, and I’m also a big fan of the Yeasayer stuff from that era.

We’ve a whole album prior to this track if you’re interested - it’s on Spotify/ iTunes etc etc. It’s called “Hold Your Forked Tongue”.

2 Likes

I listened to the whole album driving to and from work today; lovin’ it! Reminds me of bands like Tears for Fears, I really like the vibe. Will you be touring, I’d love to see you guys live!

1 Like

i’ll gladly take TFF, thanks! We kinda half stopped playing live for a while… but that being said, we’re playing Handmade Festival on May 5th as somewhat of a relaunch; a different approach to playing live, the Octatrack will now sit centre controlling some live synths and replacing a laptop and such. I still need to programme it all! We’ll see how well that goes :smiley:

1st experiment on Volca Modular - Ring mod patch that adds feedback from Space out. Additionally, added some polyrhythmic elements by modulating the ratio and fold using clock divisions. Recorded into Ableton Live with no processing or FX. Mastered in Ozone.

2 Likes

Hey!!! What kind of tools do you use?
I was also watching your soundcloud account a bit.
Grüße nach Österreich :slight_smile:

1 Like

My stuff? On the hardware side it’s a Deluge and a Digitone, as for software believe it or not it’s just vcv-rack. I don’t really arrange stuff, and emphatically dislike Ableton and other piano roll daws. I just record live jams with Audacity and brush em up ever so slightly before uploading them. (:

Enough about me, show me your tunes Dauna, its your turn lol. :sunny:

1 Like

oh yeah! Like this. I am also hardware addicted and prefer to do stuff without software support. Anyway I use ableton for mastering my stuff… The digitone— I’m so in love with it. Me and some friends made aan ambient record for a friends birthday. Here’s one I made with DT only:

3 Likes

Yah sounds like a DT alright. Very dense mood. The voice samples though weren’t done on the DT no? (:

Thanks!
No the Voice sample is just wav files from a friend. He recorded it only with a shitty headset, so you can hear the mouse clicking sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh this is a great tune!!! Reminds me on lots of great works from BOC or Plaid…:slight_smile: more please!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the compliment :slight_smile: It’s interesting, the Plaid comparison came up quite a few times. I only really now Reachy Prints by them, but I love it. Should listen to some more albums.

Here I am! Hope you enjoy it. If not feel free to leave any advice :sunny:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Heelllooo…
Little impro live jam with a friend one week ago… Thanks for sharing and commenting

Equipment:

Roland Alpha Juno 2
Digitakt
Analog 4
… some Effects

3 Likes