Share your tunes

DELIGHTFUL! Did you send it all to a cassette or something? It’s really nicely wrecked.

Thanks! My 4 track cassette broke down on me, but all my stuff usually comes out pretty damaged in the end :slight_smile:
Both the OT and DT make glitching stuff out pretty easy

Finally released this batch of tracks.

Digitakt is doing all the sequencing and sample work. Samples are from AK or CZ5000. Synths are DSI Evolver, MFB Nanozwerg, Doepfer MS404. Used the Heat a bit. Drums (Tr8) are through the FMR1773. All live to a stereo sum. Made these while or after going through most of William Gibson’s career work.

I’d appreciate the supprt or feedback!

9 Likes

I read a ton of Gibson’s stuff in the 90’s. I’m curious what the connection is, musically, in your opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kind of hard to say specifically as I’m not really trying to do any genre bending with these, but I think dance has always been about the dregs just trying to escape something. Musically I just try to find ways that might express that and kind of re-imagine that origin story.

What was your favorite of his?

I probably read Neuromancer around…87? 88? Something like that, and it will most likely be a favorite because it was my first book of his. I loved Difference Engine, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Count Zero, the Burning Chrome collection as well. It’s been quite awhile since I read any of his stuff. Funny, I attach certain records I had when I read a fair amount of cyber punk books. FSOL, DJ Shadow, Tricky, Foetus, Meat Beat Manifesto… good memories

1 Like

Have you seen this project? Might be relevant to your interests.

http://neurealm.net/

2 Likes

Wow! Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice one. I’ve read everything William Gibson a few times. He lives an hour from me which is cool too. Check out Robert J Sawyer - awesome scifi too. He’s one the Hugo award as well.

1 Like

Very nice Track great job!

1 Like

Thanks! That’s wild! Any suggestion of Robert Sawyer’s work? I like Gibson’s unapologetic way of detailing the future. Mindscan and Factoring Humanity both sound pretty cool.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

It´s Saturday Night, time for some screams from those pesky machines ;)… hehe

1 Like

Nice stuff :slight_smile:

Was this posted before? I recognise the vocal sample.

Just finished this one, would love to hear feedback/critiques.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/heres-my-latest/65442

The Wake Watch Wonder series is great.
And the Hominids series is really good too.

1 Like

I think I posted one track before.

1 Like

Digitakt + Digitone + Bass Station II
Arranging and editing in Live 10

2 Likes

A relatively unrehearsed (rambles on a bit) jam on the DT and MicroMonsta.

1 Like