Share your tunes

I made this about a year and a half back and hadn’t listened to it much until ‘mastering’ it for upload on bandcamp Friday. Turns out I like it better than I remember! Digitone on drums and mid bass, Typhon on sub bass and Circuit Mono Station through Bim on leads.

13 Likes

Digitone didn’t feature on this one but next time I’ll make sure to include some Elektron goodness. :wink:
Probably one of the things I’m most happy with in recent months!

8 Likes

A year ago today I bought my first bit of gear that wasn’t a guitar/amp/pedal, it was the DT and DN, 6months later got a SY.

I say this all the time but I can’t believe gear like these boxes actually exist… I would watch vids and think itll be impossible to make tracks on them or get even close to the music I wanted to make.

I’m still no expert but today I made track that represents a year of click/clacking my way to learning these things and having fun. Thanks elektron!

8 Likes

My latest tune.

4 Likes

Doin a technotrack a day this month. Damn its hard. Like some of them but nothing turns out total techno this far. Tonight is the night though….

3 Likes

My last release, maybe some of you will find something likeable in there !

There are free download codes in this thread if you want :

3 Likes

Here’s a jam I did on Digitone. I’ve had it a few weeks now and have been surprised at how good it it is for percussion.

7 Likes

First thing I’ve done from scratch with the A4 by itself, and it probably shows in its rawness :smiley: . Overall I’d say good experience though, will do again.

4 Likes

A lo bap ditty for a rainy Tuesday on the MPC One.

7 Likes

Syntakt, euro, Argon 8.

4 Likes

I dig it! I’ve been using my MPC One a bunch myself lately solo (still love my Elekton’s though :slight_smile: )

Thank you! :pray: I’ve got an Octatrack here as well that I’m going to integrate with the MPC One. I figure I can sample sequences from the MPC into the Octa and then do some mangling and arrangement in the Octa. Two very different devices…but I think they can play well together.

Bonsoir, 'nauts! I just dropped a cassette today of weirdo music improvised on Digitone, Digitone, Analog Heat, and Microscosm. It it called Guileless and you can listen to it on my Bandcamp. Dig the cover art by the GOAT Robert Beatty. Enjoy!

It’s been awhile since I’ve lurked here and am stoked to check what has been posted recently. Love y’all!

1 Like

Part 2 of trying to be better at closing up existing projects. Accidentally ventured into adult contemporary dub techno for a second.

5 Likes

this is very nice. what’s the digitakt doing during the production & recording process in this arrangement?

beautiful. the digitone is a real songmaking machine

Digitakt in this track is used as the sequencer for the Typhon (same in the previous track too) as well as playing some of the drum sounds, the vocal chop sample as well as one of the leads. In this current setup I basically use Digitakt as a sequencer and a sound device (I really love its sample single cycle oscillators, they’re just so sweet), but rarely touch it when I play. There are few reasons why: first of all, I’m not a big fan of how the rotary encoders in Elektron devices work, they feel too unpredictable for my taste, UNLESS you control an external device or software, then the way they map the MIDI to the encoders, that is super predictable. The second is, that I’m thinking about re-arranging my setup at some point so, that the DT would not be on the side, which is another reason I don’t want to touch it live, as it’s easy to get thrown off the track, as it sits in a bit unconvenient place atm. :slight_smile: And of course, in these two tracks I needed to fiddle quite a lot of the Typhon’s filter as well as my master filter. I understand that might look a bit odd, and that’s why I’ve not placed any camera on DT other than leaving its backside label into the picture. :smiley: But basically I just love how DT and ST compliment each other and give pretty sick arsenal (8 sample tracks, 8 digital tracks, 4 analog tracks and add something else there = not much you can’t do :slight_smile: )

1 Like

i use my digitakt most purely as a midi sequencer, so i understand using it for that live. but it does sound sweet

thanks for the insight. interesting workflow

2 Likes

Took me ages to “finish” this track, although it never quite got to where I had imagined it to go.
Synth Pop sequenced on Hapax. Involving A4, Digitone, TR-8S, Evolver and Minilogue XD mostly.

4 Likes

Digitone chords sampled into the Rytm for grit. Rytm plays the chords and synth lines. OT on drums and rhythm duty. Typing that out, I realize I might be doing things backwards…

5 Likes

DN + blofeld + lyra 8
visuals touchdesigner

3 Likes