Share something

Did i mention most of us studied in the ArtScience interfaculty, which has one leg in the art academy and the other in the conservatory of The Hague?

It was initiated by Dick Raaijmakers - which some might know as Kid Baltan - electronic music pioneer, theater maker, fine artist and all the blends of that. Fascinating person.

1 Like

Some words in here that resonate.

2 Likes

Tomatan

2 Likes

I found this while going down the youtube rabbit hole.
We have come so far, yet still know little

6 Likes

this is cool to sample some weird sounds and random speech from

Weird, I saw this pop up in my recommendations in the morning today. Seems like the algorithm picked up on a gem for the synth people. :grin:

…indeed :smiley:
it must have been nice to be there and experiment when things were still at the beginning

I will admit…i shed a tear today when Tiger won the Masters. HOLY SHIT that was awesome.

He’s BACK!

1 Like

This thread is great! Here’s a recent jam I did:

4 Likes

Luv that monotribe!

Yeah, a modern classic.

Absolutely killer show by J Mascis in Shibuya, Tokyo. Loads of old Dinosaur tunes, some of which were reworked into psychedelic delay-drenched jams using a loop pedal. Everything I hoped for and more.

6 Likes

Glad to hear that. I’m an old Dinosaur Jr. fan myself an we used to play some of their songs in our band back in the day and I got to play Mascis’ guitar solos :grinning:

1 Like

Here’s another sketch from the second album. :slight_smile:
(Don’t worry; the DT’s still in the mix in a big way; this was just done while the mate was out of pocket.)
7 Likes

Some recent photos of a club night.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Soo… My first Octatrack live gig will be a sound healing set at the Ampcoil center tomorrow as part of The Resilience Film festival happening in town. Just going to use it to process guitar and my friend will play synths with lots of fx and a looper, probably some eclectic natural instruments too. He heard me doing some ambient and was like, you have to bring that to my sound healing gig.:grin: Seems like a cosmic opener for my OT getting out of the house…

-The AmpCoil is a modified Doug/Rife coil that plugs into the audio output of your device and has been adapted to generate specific targeted frequencies (PEMFs) in response to your individual body system’s prioritized needs.

9 Likes

Oh man I have scoliois, this pic touched my heart

3 Likes

Have a great set dude.
Enjoy the moment and see where it takes you.

1 Like

Thanks… We aren’t going to practice so that’s about all we can do. :slight_smile: 1 1/2 to 2 hour sound healing with folks meditating and whatnot. Plan is to just immerse myself in the moment and hopefully enter a trance like state. Gonna go nice and easy walls of melodic ambient very slowly evolving… My hope is the vibes take over and I just do things that I’ve never done… More about mental state than having anything prepared…

2 Likes