Share something

Someone just asked me for a few pics of some of the modular gear that I’ve designed/built, and then I thought of this thread. I thought I’d post a few here. I hope nobody minds the string of pics.

11 Likes

Pretty circuits!

Thanks! Laying out circuits and panels is the most fun for me. If I could have someone else build them after that… :smiley:

1 Like

I just discovered this account it’s awesome!!!

4 Likes

True! I’ll see what I can do :wink:

1 Like

Looking forward to playing this show on my birthday… assuming I manage to program the whole set onto my Octatrack in time!

7 Likes

cover art concept, done on my phone

9 Likes

Seeing J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. on Tuesday. Dinosaur was one of the first bands I ever got into back when I was around 14-15 years old (1990-1991) and inspired me to play guitar. I’m really psyched for this show.

I also quite like his new album, some of his best tunes in a while I’d say, especially the title track.

4 Likes

Im moving back to Vancouver! I get to go home!

7 Likes

Yes. Mr. Mascis is a living testament to the rite of passage through which many of us transcend. Like a caterpillar that surrounds himself in a cocoon of solace, or locking oneself in a bedroom for a year to learn every cover song known to man. Fingers bleeding. Only to emerge a beautiful butterfly ready to unleash sonic fits of angst and rage on any poor soul who happens to stumble by. Ah, the cycle of life :bug:

3 Likes

I am pretty sure the ringing in my ears can be attributed to a handful of late 80s Dinosaur shows. Also a huge influence on me at the time. I sometimes still cover Severed Lips off of the first album. Enjoy, and take earplugs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still living in the music studio, looks like for the summer… I took a righteous stand and wouldn’t sacrifice myself doing things for money that I didn’t believe in, had me living in my car and living on pocket change for half a year. So many times was the gas tank on E and I wasn’t sure how I was eating that day, but it always worked out (meanwhile OT and friends were safe in a storage unit, I’d never sell them for anything, even food and shelter :smile:) It was a spiritual journey and I learned so much along the way. Now I work trade for a room by helping out with all manner of sound production, and am getting booked for good paying soundboard gigs and getting asked to play guitar for local band gigs often…

Stand for what you believe in, there’s a path that nurtures and reflects your soul instead of breaking it down and smothering it… :monkey::sparkles:

20 Likes

Soooooo jealous

1 Like

Construction in progress…

7 Likes

Part of my last gig from exactly one week ago. Drums, acoustic and pads controlling the AR, bass, sax, OT, AS-1, D05…

2 Likes

I heartfully wish you the best, my friend.
I have so much respect for such attitude, living the dream… I made different choices but still believe it’s a noble way to spend one’s time on Earth.

2 Likes

I am 40… Haha…
I’ve been up, down, left, and right on this roller coaster they call life… I don’t have kids so I can take these sort of risky moves… Honestly I’m just so grateful and astounded at what’s been happening lately, I give thanks to the universe in every moment and so appreciate just being alive. I certainly don’t want to make people feel trapped or anything, not saying you do but just in general. I feel like I have a lot of friends on here now and I’m kind of blogging my journey, especially on this thread because hey why not, gear talk can be kinda dry and unemotianal. To end up living in a music studio after a few hard years is just so rediculously perfect for me right now I can’t believe it, or rather I can believe in it because believing opens doors for things to happen. It’s like the bold moves of not feeling dependent on the system finally karmically came through. We all have different paths, I have no idea what it’s like being you or anyone else so I don’t assume we need to go through similar journeys. Just telling my story, I wish you the best with yours… :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

For awhile there I’d wake up in the backseat of my car in a fetal position because it’s not the kind with any room to actually lay down, it’d be snowing out, I’d hope there was enough gas in it to drive in to town and of course get the heater on. I’d go to to the gas station to use the hot water tap and make some Yerba Mate, and then start reading the forum and answering Octatrack questions without a care in the world about how the day would flow to get gas and some food… :joy: Just trusting that if we are one with the infinite universe then you can’t really be anywhere without access to everything that ever was, is, and shall be. Make moves with love and generosity and the universe will bring stuff to you.

I ate everyday and only ran out of gas a few times at the gas station, wouldn’t be long till it would have some in it by some interesting twist of fate, and the day would go on… :smile: I met a lot of interesting people along the way that I never would have met, and gave them my respect and full attention. I gained a much deeper compassion for those without homes (I considered myself home-free instead of homeless) and would round up food at the food banks and drop it off at the park where they like to hang out… Stuff like that… It was good.

5 Likes

Enough about me… (I wish you nauts would talk more to dilute my frequent obsessive posting :joy:)

Check out these musical thingies from @dtr’s amazing artist collective he’s a part of and making that new space a few posts up… Super crazy and elaborate sonic inventions, it’s awesome!
https://instrumentinventors.org/works/

4 Likes

Wow, I was inspired by the link pics alone. I like very much the blending of art and music, as a science. Our local workshop, which comes mostly from grants is the one place that features this sort of thing with experimental artists and is much more inspirational to me as opposed to nightclubs. I guess it has to do with the level of consciousness.

2 Likes