SH-101 "Rim Trigger" Sequencing via Analog Rytm

i used the sample posted above. synth sound off… max sample volume, max track volume, overdrive at 40-something. takes about 20 seconds of messing about to find the sweet spot but you;ll know when you’ve found it.

i used the sample posted above. synth sound off… max sample volume, max track volume, overdrive at 40-something. takes about 20 seconds of messing about to find the sweet spot but you;ll know when you’ve found it.[/quote]
cable?
track channel?
output?
where into sh?
sh settings?
thanks so far!

I managed to sort this out yesterday. Dunno what the problem was…typical.

Timing seems a bit sluggish on it.

Still nice to have sorted it out.

Thanks.

i used the sample posted above. synth sound off… max sample volume, max track volume, overdrive at 40-something. takes about 20 seconds of messing about to find the sweet spot but you;ll know when you’ve found it.[/quote]
I see Dave Clarke played not just 1 but 2 of your tracks in his latest podcast Binny. Congrats man!!! :+1: :+1: Hence 2x thumbs up.

[quote="<+>"]I managed to sort this out yesterday. Dunno what the problem was…typical.

Timing seems a bit sluggish on it.

Still nice to have sorted it out.

Thanks.[/quote]
Cool it’s sorted.
As i said already, the SH101 Sequencer, Arp and CV Gate are slowed by the SH101’s processing lag of about 3-4ms so early offsetting the trig by 1 micro step should bring it back in time

Yeah I read where you stated that earlier in the thread…
I was just kinda thinking out loud or something. I used to have a 202 and it has the same type of processor lag time problem when receiving cv/gate externally. I bought a 101 to replace my old 202 as I missed the sound. I wasn’t aware there was a problem when clocking it externally, not that its a big deal. Mainly I sequence the 101 from my Cirklon. I just went through all of this just for the sake of sorting it out and being able to say. “I did it…” Guess that makes me a bit of a gear nerd. :joy:

[quote="<+>"]

I see Dave Clarke played not just 1 but 2 of your tracks in his latest podcast Binny. Congrats man!!! :+1: :+1: Hence 2x thumbs up. [/quote]
Thanks man, really is appreciated. He played the other track off the same EP a couple of weeks back which ironically was made made entirely using the SH-101 triggered via ext clk input. I love the swing you can get in the basslines… you can just mash some buttons and it’s instant funked-up techno :slight_smile:

Is it not possible to use the rimshot (pad 3) engine through the seperate mono output to trigger the sh101?

Or the later added impulse engine over 1 of 4 individual outputs perhaps?