Setup Question // Mixer Recommendation

If you have the funds, RME interfaces tend to work standalone as mixers, too.

if its feature set fits your needs, I bet the new OTO mixer will sound fantastic.

This reads supercool, but those 3,5mm jacks are too much con for me.
With proper jacks, this would be definitely in the closer choice.

I hate those small jacks too, but OTO stuff is so nice i can forgive them. Not in my price range anyhow 9and mixer feedback is pretty important to me, so I really coulnt bring myself to buy something without at least one send and EQ with sweepablemids on all channels), but Iā€™m sure itā€™s a great sounding little summing box/sweetener.

If you donā€™t have a lot of funds there is this.
Moukey Audio Mixer Line Mixer, DC 5V, 6-Stereo Ultra, Low-Noise 6-Channel for Sub-Mixing, Ideal for Small Clubs or Bars, As Guitars, Bass, Keyboards Mixer, 2021 New Version-MAMX2 https://a.co/d/iMlM9zY
$37.99, and itā€™s Murder Boy approved.

2 Likes

A week and a half ago I found a listing for a 10 channel mixer with aux sends, three band EQ and some built in effects for $20 each on AliExpress but I didnā€™t buy one and theyā€™re already gone. Seemed like it had a lot of potential for mixer feedback and noise, I wish I hadnā€™t waited.

The closest thing right now is this 8 channel one for $60 but the topology isnā€™t quite as good and $60 is a bit much for a noise mixer.

This one also has a lot of potential, but shipping to the USA is $60, and that puts the total cost over 4100 - really pushing it for only 8 channels and fixed mid frequency.

Surgeon approved!

2 Likes

Had it for over a year now and it defo has the best headphone output I ever had on a mixer

1 Like

Hereā€™s the same 8 channel model my first link in the last post pointed to, but this seller has them for $37 with free worldwide shipping:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805323318816.html

That noise floor is going to be totally sus.

1 Like

Just purchased this one out of curiosity, Iā€™ll report my findings.

1 Like

Only saw this just now. Sorry for my follow-up post that just repeated your post because I hadnā€™t read far enough.

tucks tail between legs and goes off to sit by himself for a few minutes

1 Like

I ninja edited.

1 Like

Every dive into all that stuff like Scrooge McDuck?

2 Likes

Bought and sold a lot a stuff since 30 years. Unfortunately I canā€™t play everything at the same timeā€¦
(This picture was a joke for Your Setup topic. I sold some gear, since, bought new. Still too much !)

Thatā€™s why I started looking at these last week, Iā€™m kind of in the market for a small, noisy mixer under $40 to use for feedback in a new project.

1 Like

This ?

Iā€™ve had one of those before, it would be OK but itā€™s twice what Iā€™m planning to spend theyā€™re nearly $100 in the us. If the EQ had a variable mid Iā€™d probably still have the first one I got.

I really just need to get around to building a Schumann F-Loop. Iā€™m about halfway done already, all thatā€™s left to do is buy all the pots and switches and a few other parts I didnā€™t already have on hand when I started it, and then figure out an enclosure but it hasnā€™t been very high priority so Iā€™ve been putting it off until I need some other small parts since the shipping would be the same either way.

Anyhow, none of thatā€™s relevant to the thread.

1 Like

Anyone ever tried one of these?

Hey, how did you get on with the Moukey mixer?