Setup: Octatrack + Nord Drum 2 & QuNeo Pad

Let’s talk about the setup of OT + ND2 and a Quneo pad. I do own all three of them but never made it to bring them together. Right now I’m just controlling the ND2 with OT (can’t wait for the conditional trigs – so nice!) but thought about the extension using the quneo. what I thought about:

– using the quneo for finger drumming the ND2 with velocity sensitive pads
– using the quneo X/Y-function of a pad to controll (several?) effects of OT as well as ND2 (possible?)

what do you think about the combination. what piece of MIDI-device do I need to connect them as the quneo is USB only? happy to receive some answers and maybe this thread will document what users archive while using the OT+ND2+QUNEO. :rocket:

Youll need some sort of usb/5 pin midi converter, ive heard good things about kentons

Then you could set the quneos midi channel and go either in to the OT and out to the nord, or into the nord then through to the OT depending on your other gear. How do you find the quneos pads? Nowhere around me stocks them so I cant give em a go

thanks for that! I got a steinberg UR44 audio interface, do you think this will work as well? it has midi in and out and a USB port. but as I want to run the sound to the computer for recording I have to split the outcoming USB, is that possible with a hub? so that I split the USB send to quneo and the other one to computer?

i like the quneo a lot as it lets you define the parameters you want to adjust quite easy. the pads work fine as well!

A computer can act as a usb host. You’d go quneo to computer via usb, then a DAW would convert the USB to midi (steinberg out) for the OT to hear it. You can’t split usb signals though.

Yeah as above. If you use a computer you wont need extra stuff, quneo to usb in then route midi back out your interface into OT, you will be able to route the midi to multiple devices from your PC