Setting up your workspace

Ignore!
Thats the best instrument on the table.
Get some audio cables.

3 Likes

But it’s a book for getting music making juices flowing or getting out of a music making rut! I vote for the book to stay :joy:

7 Likes

I have that Jaspers stand also since a few month, it was worth every penny, befor i struggeld always with the ergonomics - with jaspers everything is close and in a comfortable position.

Theres enough juice on that table as it is…

2 Likes

Indeed the mixer with built in FX is the best instrument on the table. Especially considering it can also play samples from a 64GB compact flash, morph scenes from 16 FX processors, mix and live loop from up to 4 different inputs, sequence and send LFOs to all the MIDI gear, make song arrangements, and slice+timestretch audio, plus other stuff, all simultaneously.

Oh wait, you meant the Allen&Heath was the best instrument on the table? How silly.

10 Likes

Yep, I mean the A&H.

OT isn’t a good ‘mixer’

1 Like

True, but it’s getting closer to a sensible nutritious balanced meal with the book there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Just needs a cactus :cactus: in pot and a rabbit sleeping in magicians hat to be complete.

3 Likes

:smile: true.

Says you and who else?

This is all pretty subjective at this point, btw.
Depends on why you need out of a mixer. @Grate_expectations needs to mix the gear on the table and the OT is equipped to do just that.

But yes, throw away everything else on the table and see how far you get with the “best” instrument. Or throw away everything besides the OT and be productive for 10 years+

Or if the goal is an epic performance of “hot knobs” on Boiler Room, def just go with the live sound mixer. :thup:

1 Like

Funny how moving the quotes could make it mean something totally different.

For example:

OT isn’t a ‘good’ mixer
More subjective, less fact.

Why do I feel like I’m in the middle of something?

Anyway.

It ‘can’ mix and do cooler stuff than most mixers. There just aren’t a lot of inputs and you have to give up some of your 8 tracks to use the cool features

You are in the OT’s (read: Lion’s) den!
You’re going to have a hard time convincing a bunch of OT junkies otherwise :joy:

To be clear, I’m not to be taken too seriously, I’m just playing in the sandbox with ya’ll :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Me and Us.

Lad has the gear… … jack it all into the mixer and play about.

The OT can be a mixer … but it isn’t really and you know it.

Whats a ‘hot knobs’ Boiler Room

2 Likes

I know! :laughing:

1 Like

I mix a Pro 2, Typhon and 2nd OT with an OT.
EQs on all, fx, and even compression.
That’s a mixer. What more do you need, 100mm faders? :joy: yea I’m not mixing Joy Division live on stage.

Hot Knobs I leave for you to research, as an educational exercise.

2 Likes

What about the poor DFAM? :cry:

Ya know, I was looking at the photo and skimmed over the mention of DFAM…,. Which would sound fantastic through Typhon’s external input and FX :wink:

1 Like

Ah yes, the Typhon’s input would be handy there :slight_smile:

Not necessarily 100mm … but any kind of fader of any length is always better than a knob.

Eq and aux sends… per channel. plus plus.

Joy Division? … what’s that?

Let me introduce you to a little thing called MIDI.

Let me introduce you to a little thing called not under a rock… society.

Go on then.

Read all of Gearslutz.com and then report back your findings.

1 Like