Setting Up Cubase 9.5 for Digitakt and Overbridge 2 beta

For every track and midi track and how to. I can’t seem to figure it out though, I know it’s possible. I have another question as well. Once you have patterns sequenced in Cubase, is everything remembered, if say using Digi standalone in a live situation?

And why is Overbridge Engine: fault happening I have OS 1.10.

Hi,
I use my digitakt thru Cubase 9.5 to sequence and control my external synths and also my softsynths
So what do you want to know or have a problem with?

Not using overbridge at the moment.

You have to upgrade the firmware to os 1.11beta 6 for overbridge to get it going

1 Like

Is 1.11 beta 6 an official firmware update? It’s not on elektrons site?

It’s a public beta. Information is here:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-11-public-beta-plugins-drivers-and-firmware/80284

hi
i don’t know your set up
but here is an example of a set up

cubase, digitakt and an other external multitrimbal synth or sound module or what ever that can produce sounds on different midi channels :slight_smile:
connected with a midi interface to the pc off course

on the digitakt

in settings make sure everything is on midi when you are connected to the pc by midi interface (if not and you use usb put it on usb :):roll_eyes: )
midi A on channel 1(press the first encoder + FCT to activate)
midi B on channel 2
an so on
(sending out midi of the audio tracks is set to off)

in cubase

make midi track
on that track you select as midi input the digitakt
open the input transformer to give in the command that he only listens to channel 1
select as midi output the external synth you want and put midi out channel on 1
and so on for track 2 on channel 2 and track 3 on channel 3

on the multitrimbal synth or sound module

choose performance or kit or whatever its named
in that performance
set part 1 to midi channel 1
set part 2 to midi channel 2 and so

you can do the same with instruments tracks in cubase just select as midi output a soft synth

so actually now you’ve created a midi controller and sequencer for 8 different soft synths or external synths
how neat is that!!!

now for the audio part just connect the digitakt with usb and in your daw choose the digitakt as your audiointerface and you can record the parts separately
the tracks are dry and the effect is recorded on the main out
so if im not mistaking you are actually recording 8 mono tracks and 1 stereo track which are the FX