Setting Midi Input Clock to USB Only for Digitakt?

Hey Elektronauts,

I’m running into a problem when trying to map midi into my Digitakt from an external synth. Heres the run down. I have my Digitakt hooked up to Reaper (DAW) and am setting the time code for my Digitakt from there. I want the time code to be sent from Reaper because I’m following already recorded audio that I want to play along with. I also have a Korg Monologue hooked up to my Digitakt and am mapping notes into my Digitakt via midi in, while the audio from Reaper plays. Basically I jut set the recorded audio how ever many bars I need out, set up the Digitakt to coincide with that, and then hit the record/play buttons when the part of the song I want to play along with comes along.

The problem i’m running into is that my Digitakt is prioritizing the time code from the Monologue over Reaper. This is an issue because when i play Reaper it won’t start my Digitakt, so i can’t time the midi note mapping from my Monologue. I checked my Monologue and I can’t just shut off the Midi out time code. The only option I have is to completely nix all midi output data. That of course is a dead end because I still want to map notes via that output.

Is there a way to set the Digitakt to prioritize time code info from the USB input only? I believe that would solve the problem i’m having. I checked the manual and rummaged through the midi settings for a long time and could not find a way.

Thanks,
snikpoh

you must be able to set the midi clock on the Monologue to external