Set the Arpeggiator input to be in sync?

Good plan!

Thanks for those, the Akai does look really nice, although I’m looking for a smaller keyboard that isn’t a pain to carry to gigs, etc.

Great to see there are options though so I’ll have a closer look. After my initial panic (and thanks to the help here) my A4 is safe and won’t be going anywhere near eBay :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! I have to buy one (to try and compare).
I already have plans for TK49 if I want both!

No problem, i’m glad i could help.
Using one controller for the OT and another for the A4 would’ve be awesome!

The AKAI has four different Banks per preset. You can create a preset for a synth and use the banks to map different CCs to the fader, so basically 8 faders a 4 banks equals 32 fader in praxis. Same with all the 8 knobs and the 16 pads.

:thup: So you can test more and more to find the limits! :slight_smile:

TK49 as pretty nice features too, such as user chords per pad, xy touch pad…
Pads are a bit better than my MPC 500, or former MPC 1000, still not very good.
Pads better on Mpk259?

Anyone know a way to quantize the live arpeggiator into always being on time? I know you can run a sequence on C and use transpose, but this proves problematic for playing chords. Whenever I’m playing live, if I miss the timing I have to keep playing in the same note in several times until it’s properly lined up to the beat.

The only workarounds I found were to play with a synced midi keyboard with arp, or :

Use a tooth pick to plock notes on one step. Can be funny but of course limited

I used to have a synced arp on my first groovebox : MC 303.

Every time I use a non synced arp on a sequencer I don’t understand how it’s possible. Who would prefer unsynced arp ? Or unsynced retrig like on Syntakt.
@Elektron ?

Elektron have a synced arp on Digitone. :sketchy:

feature-request@elektron.se

Why don’t you program the chords in the midi note setup on a trig?
Then everything will be quantized.