SERIOUS: Do You Like 80's Artists?

don’t be sorry, I know it’s trash but OP’s request was

mega hits back in the day

btw, it cannot be dumbest song ever made, this one is:

2 Likes

Uncle and cousin dropped this track not too long ago lmao they’re alrirght though, the fam.

I should clarify that I think I poisoned my uncle and cousin about samples and finding all the random songs in existence so this may likely have been a result of that.

1 Like

Speaking of Phil Collins, does anyone here find themselves modeling after him considering he made such progress in his career? Might be a side topic, better suited for another thread, but I feel the answer may reside here.

1 Like

I am looking forward to more inspirations from here. Whenever I‘m making music in a band context, I‘ gravitating towards 80s new wave sounds. But I actually don’t know too many artists from the time.

This album totally caught me last year, there are so many gems on it. Great mixture of pop hits and sound experiments:

Also a great album:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ok, let´s say that song is pretty close to the dumpest song, but this one here is in fact the most dumpest I have ever found. sorry for being off topic

2 Likes

We have a station here that sprinkles in 80’s here and there and this is one of the songs I actually look forward to haha along with Poison! :beers:

1 Like

To make it good. The Cures Desintegration is from the 80ies and on top. (but the head on the door LP is equally good)

3 Likes

ok you win lol, I think there needs to be a thread of dumbest songs, this is too good :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you guys know any bands that come close to Queen? It’s a siilly question, but I’m wondering if any bands made similar style albums because I think that’s his all-time favorite.

a Prince

7 Likes

I was about to drop this one.
I’ve hated the 80’s sound for almost my whole life. But this track production was completely different, I’ve been loving it from day 1.

7 Likes

Maybe the pinnacle of 80’s production was reached in 1980?

16 Likes

In the minimalistic sound, I also enjoy ESG:

7 Likes

Started in late 70s, but carried on in 80s - Ska and 2 Tone.

One of the most famous (and greatest) examples from '81:

Some of the members went on to form Fun Boy Three.

Still as apt as ever:

Go-Go’s did the more well-known version, but I prefer this one:

Also RIP Terry Hall

7 Likes

I really like ‘Once in a Lifetime’ from this album.

11 Likes

You can
Blow out a candle
But you
Can’t blow out the fire

4 Likes

Still no synth music, but I might have been fond of Madness back then…

5 Likes

In many ways Prince defined the 80s.

I guess this is cliche now, but for me still one of the greatest songs from the decade:

6 Likes

Released in 1989

11 Likes