Sequential Trigon-6

I’ve seen people post they’re going to buy this, so traction isn’t exactly zero.

1 Like

I think that the OB6 and P6 got more hype initially because they built on their respective classic Prophet and Oberheim sounds. The Trigon is a synth that kind of gets Moogy, but it also kind of has its own thing.

I also think price comes into play. Had they keep the 6 series around $2,800, I think they sell more. But if anyone is considering a 6 series, well the P5 is the same price, and now we have the OB-X8 desktop in the same price. Sequential have crowded their own field a bit here in the $3,500 price range.

Anyways, I actually played a Trigon in a store recently. I really enjoyed it and thought it sounded great. I got some nice, searing, in-your-face sounds sounds out of it that I don’t think I could have gotten from the other 6 series. I love the interface of the 6 series, and this one is somehow a little better yet. It begs to be tweaked. Just first impressions of course, as I only spent so much time with it, but It is another great synth by Sequential.

8 Likes

Just listened quickly on sound examples but it sometimes almost sound too … fat :sweat_smile: Just thinking it could be hard fitting those sounds in tracks :thinking:

It’s just too expensive IMO. Not enough to it for that price.

This was my feeling as well, and ties in with what someone else said about sequential crowding that price point. I really hope they do another “low budget” (lol calling something that’s $1400 low budget) synthesizer like the take 5.

1 Like

Supportts MPE.

7 Likes

Nice! Now do the take 5 in desktop form!

And only 2250 with a cash rebate at sweetwater till mid September. Not too bad!

3 Likes

Nice. I was hoping Sequential would release a desktop version. Definitely now interested.

1 Like

2800,- euro’s sounds way overpriced but I guess when you’re that brand everyone loves (and their synths do sound amazing) you can ask anything you want and people keep buying it.

It’s a $250 rebate for the Trigon-6 desktop… for anyone who (already) owns a modern Sequential or DSI instrument.

I do own a P5 desktop so I quality for the rebate.

Aside from a different flavor of analog compared to the P5, seems like the T-6 also offers a few more modulation options, onboard FX, and MPE.

2 Likes

Seriously considering this. I kind of like a State Variable filter a bit more, but I like some of the other features on this guy. Not a bad price comparatively either!

I would buy a Take 5 desktop instantly, and forget the “big ones”. It has all the features, SSI ICs, etc. that I love.

3 Likes

Yes. And what’s interesting is the Take 5 seems to have a different flavor than the other Sequential VCO polysynths; whereas the Prophet 6, OB6, and seemingly the Trigon (based on the Youtubes—I’ve never played a Trigon) all have this aural “sibling resemblance”—how different, re actually making music, will a Trigon be if you already own a P6 or OB6? But the Take 5 is its own thing.

I’ve played them all, and they all sound pretty different to me. Each one has its own sound, architecture, oscillator circuits, filter circuits, etc. Granted, the one thing they do share is that they all have somewhat limited modulation options, especially when compared to the Take 5 or the Rev2. But, that is also part of their beauty in being knob-per-function synths. And sound wise, they all go to pretty different places. One thing that stuck out to me when playing the Trigon was that, while it does not sound exactly like a Moog clone, it could do this punchy, searing thing that the others couldn’t quite get to. That’s just one example, but it’s things like that that set them all apart.

2 Likes

I own the OB6 desktop, but mostly because it fit the best with the other synths I already had. I actually think if I didn’t take that into consideration I might get the rev2 desktop. A great sounding, versatile, 16 voice analog poly for less than $2k. Am I crazy? What do people like better about the OB6, P6, and Trigon-6? Was listening to felix fleer working some magic with his rev2 and it sounded amazing–had me questioning my OB6 lol.

For me I have really had a hard time not selling my p6 for the trigon… I love them both and much more into distorted hard sounds… but I kept the p6 due mostly for that prophet sound… that prophet brass is everything…eargasms. also though just the depth and beauty the trigon can’t match, plus it can cop west coast kinda sounds pretty ridiculously… over all just not worth it but doesn’t mean I don’t want one too!! They are all amazing at different things.

The Trigon is also unique in that there is no historical in-house predecessor to it. Naturally, we won’t see Sequential release a reissue of a Memorymoog, even though it would be cool. If only Focusrite had bought Moog, then there could have been …

1 Like

I am kind of surprised not to see mention that this is a 3 VCO poly vs sequentials other offerings, just a different range of sound design from that alone. Although I do kind of agree with @HBIII rev2 makes the most sense if you want some deep analog sound design unless you, really really need VCOs.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting on the desktop version to come out, jealously watching all the T6 keyboard videos for the past 8? months.

As far as we know this might have been Dave’s final design… While I’m curious to see what they come up with post acquisition. I’m very happy to be unboxing my Trigon 6D later this week :smiley:

4 Likes

just got the keyboard version. It’s frikkin’ awesome. Such an inspiring instrument!!

9 Likes