Sequential resumes Prophet-5

3 Likes

Good eye! The chart has it tucked away in a “Desktop version?” row and a “Yes” in the column.

With an Osmose already on the way, a desktop version would make more sense for me .

Haha, yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing… not sure what they were trying to say with that early pre hype but it doesn’t really make any sense with the product they are putting out. Either way it looks great, maybe it will get some people a shot at a good price on a second hand p6 also.

First time anyone has ever told me I have good eyes! Yeah desktop version would make more sense for me as I’v the OB6 as I said before and I would probs never want to take a £3k+ instrument to a gig anyway. Exciting!

I get the feeling this is Dave’s last synth. If this isn’t full circle, I don’t know.

7 Likes

At the end of the video, he says “I just turned 70. My birthday present to the world”

5 Likes

I am pretty sure this wouldn’t exist without Behringer.

10 Likes

Eh the price isn’t that crazy, plenty of people on the forum here spending 1500-2500 on poly boards, and plenty of others with 10k+ modular systems. 3500 is high sure but plenty will pay it. I might buy one in 2-3 years depending on finances and if they are still in production. Looks very nice and the sound is great, naturally.

2 Likes

I don’t care why it exists - just glad that it does

1 Like

Yeah, it’s nice. Too expensive for most though.

It would never be cheap though…ever.

Same here. By not going out to see shows for months I’ve been saving up. If i also have to sell a guitar or two to make it happen, I’ll do it.

Kind of counting on Sequential to not pull a Korg here, meaning only make 400 units and that’s it till the end of time.

4 Likes

instant gas. I pray there will be desktop version and that it comes out at the same time as the others.

1 Like

The chart posted earlier indicates a desktop version

2 Likes

every f*cking thread, I swear :man_facepalming:

18 Likes

I love this absolute tsunami of new gear.

1 Like

After looking at the chart I think you get more bang for your buck with the P-6.

2 Likes

pretty incredible. very stoked they brought it back. prices are pretty reasonable, considering. not sure I have any interest, having an OB6 and Rev2. also it does kinda stick to Dave’s word about “something different in August.” they’ve never done a straight re-make/new revision of any old SCI synths.

I’m mostly just bummed the Prophet 10 doesn’t have the double keyboard.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s using the new SSI chips. They’d be closer to the older SSM versions I think (as opposed to CEMs). I think I’d still go for a P-6 myself, but this is cool!

the video mentions they’re using the same CEM3340 chips iirc

1 Like