Sequencing Trinity from DAW (Logic Pro X)

I’m interested in midi sequencing my dark trinity from Logic Pro. Transport and clock are easy enough, but I’d like to have logic control each Elektron’s program change and song position as well. Is this possible? I’m guessing there is some way of using an arrangement marker that sends SPP or program change info?

Secondary issue, I’ve had some success with note sequencing from the DAW, but the notes coming out of the Elektron sound weak and out of sync compared to when the Elektron sequences them.

Do I need to do something with MTC? MMC? Pickup delays and such? Which is the proper MIDI clock ‘Mode’ to use in Logic?? I have to confess some noobiness with this stuff.

Thanks!

(OSX 10.11.3 running latest Overbridge and Elektron OS’s)

I’m also open to doing this in Live if it’s way easier.

Program change instructions via MIDI CC (actually Program Change, not Control Change) can be done in the Step Editor (Hyper Editor in older versions of Logic). Double click a midi region to open the inspector and select Step Editor. Then you can create “lanes” in the step editor for different MIDI instructions (defining MIDI channel and control instruction number) and draw where you want midi control events to occur and what their values are.

Weak sounding notes are possibly due to the velocity value of the note events you have sequenced being lower than the Elektron sequencer uses internally. Try increasing their velocity.

Sync issues can depend on lots of factors - e.g. how are you monitoring/recording, what audio interface are you using, how are midi devices connected, etc. You can adjust general latency compensation in the settings, and I believe Overbridge does demand some higher latency settings sometimes. I can’t help you with that as I haven’t used it.

Awesome! Thank you! I’ll give the step editor and velocities a try this evening. Clock sync may take some time…