Sequencing modular with MNM

Anyone out there tried using the midi tracks with a midi to CV module? I’m building a 2 voice skiff and was curious how well the external sequencing transferred to CV. Would be nice to also send each voice to an audio in to use 2 tracks for effects.

Don’t have a MNM but have been using 4 midi tracks on my OT to sequence my Modular through the Befaco MIDI Thing. Also sends clock. Works great for me.

2 Likes

Are you sending both note sequences and lfo data?

Just pitch gate and clock

I would say the MnM sequencer is a bit long in the tooth compared to the newer machines, but still a lot of fun and very capable. The main advantage to doing this with the MnM is the fx processing. You can get VERY weird with the built in fx combined with modular madness. I love it but don’t do it too often. It is always fertile ground and I should explore it a bit deeper.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s what I was hoping to hear! Thanks!

1 Like

Now that I’m looking at various midi to cv modules I think I’m a little confused what connections I need to be looking for to also send the MNM LFOs. Any suggestions? I’ve got max 10hp for it. Hoping to dedicate (in general) 2 MNM channels to modular.

I think your looking for “auxiliary cc” for Sending LFOs. Or something with “mod wheel” and map to the appropriate cc on the MNM. I bet MI Yarns would work but it’s 12hp.

1 Like