Sequencing external kick - how to change outputting note

Hello. Relatively new to Elektron gear.

I’m trying to sequence a VG-line BD909 kick module on track 1 of the Analog Rytm MK2. All settings seem legit but not working and I think the issue is the outputting note which the kick receives on [note]0 and I can’t figure out how to change it on the Rytm (I think it sends a lower note by default which kick can’t take).

Tested kick with Beatstep pro - no issues, machines are talking. Tested AR with Nord Rack 2, no issues, machines are talking. AR and kick not talking.

Another question, is there a midi screen I can quickly access like in Octatrack for example?

Thanks.

You can only affect the sequenced Midi note by changing it chromatically. There’s no midi functionality beyond a basic mirroring of the track’s data

The necessary details are explained elsewhere, e.g. here…

1 Like

Thank you million. So I’m just having a read and still don’t understand how to change the note? I’d appreciate if you could explain to a beginner

by adjusting the NOT value on TRIG page if I’m not mistaken

2 Likes

Right, so kick reacts on note +9. I live recorded the sequence. Still not working.

Edit: The only way I managed to get it to work is by live recording while hitting the corresponding note in chromatic mode. Is there a way to step sequence? Very painful this.

maybe the trigs you’ve entered manually have the notes/velocity values locked, the best way to check is to long press a trig while on the TRIG menu and see if it has locks, if it is you can click the corresponding encoders to clear the locks.
chromatic mode sends the same note/velocity values as the trigs, there’s no magic there, it’s the same midi information, check for note and velocity values on the trigs