Sequencer for looong samples

I have loaded a long sample into the first pattern. The sample is approx 3 min long. And I want it to play from the start, till the end. Is it possible do that? How should I configure the pattern or the sequencer?

Thanx for any info!

Just load it to an audio track and trigger it. I have not loaded long samples yet but it shouldn’t be a problem. You could also load it to a track and don’t start sequence just press to preview, when it finishes, start the sequencer. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Triggering it - just works fine, plays the whole track/sample. But actually I want it to play in sequencer but as long as the sample is - in this case - 3 min. I want this track/sample to be synced with my external gear that’s why I need to start the sequencer, otherwise it won’t work, won’t send midi clock, it’ll be just on a preview mode. I bet where is a way to configure the sequencer to play long stuff. It’s the third day I’m experimenting with Digitakt so want to know the limitations in this kinda “all sample related issues”.

Put a conditional plock on the trig using the 1rst condition. This will make the trig trigger the sample only on the first pass of the sequence so it can continue playing without being retrigged every pattern cycle…

9 Likes

Open_Mike, thanx, yes it makes sense really and the manual tells about it. I’m doing something wrong, because when I try to tweak D knob it only says Trig Condition=0 and won’t let me change it. Can you please share some light on this.

You need to be holding down the trig you want to put it on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ummm quite confusing. “Holding down the trig” - sorry couldn’t get that? :slight_smile: Hmm I’m lost how to assign data entry.

I believe he meant that you should press the key you want your trig edit applied to and keeping it depressed, turn the knob and dial in the trig type you wish to apply at that trigger location.

Thanx all. What a fuking simple mistake - I just wasn’t in a recording mode :slight_smile: yes, now I can enter the trig condition. But when I start the sequencer I get the silence, no sound.

Ok so you have the following set up?

• Trig on first step of pattern, SRC is the 3 minute sample, trig condition is 1rst
• Track level is not 0, Amp volume is not zero
• Amp decay is infinite

1 Like

Skab, yes exactly! When starting the sequencer it just keeps looping the first seconds of the track/sample. Condition I’ve chosen is the first one (1ST). While the sequencer is stopped and the audio track is trigerred - it does play fine, but it doesn’t send the clock…

And when you hold down the trig you can see the trig conditions change to 1st? It switches from orange on black to black on orange on the display?

Yes! When REC is activated and I press the trigger I can see 1ST trig conditions and colors change. But when I start the sequencer it just loops the first seconds…

Is the sample set to loop?

I have the same problem.
I sampled 1 patterns with different settings twice. Then i try trig two this samples to separate tracks on firts step of sequenser. Press play and i hear only short loop from beginning of one sample and second sample doesnt play . I dont use condition trig because this samples not to long , only 32 steps.

…for making trig conditions work, you’ll also need to activate the trig condition by pressing the page button, once it’s running while ur NOT in recording mode anymore…

but a sample, or halfplayback of that size will run out of sync on the digitakt pretty soon, i’m afraid…
what ur tryin’ to do is more a job for the ot…no sync problems there, because of timestretch…
the digitakt leans more to short one shot samples like the mpc concept…