Sequence transpose via Octatrack, etc?

Hi Folks,
Is it possible to sequence the transpose function from external sequencer, for example of the Octatrack. What I am trying to achieve is to selectively add chord structure to an otherwise static pattern. So, effectively, sequencing the Transpose function from another source, which is probably best achieved with the midi tracks of the Octatrack.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Val

hello,

if I understand you in a right way, you want this: You have a Midi Sequence on OT and want to transpose it with an external Keyboard or Sequencer. I was looking for this feature a long time but it is not possible. ;-(
What you can do is following: Make a Pattern A1. Everything is connected to Part 1. Copy it to A2. Make your changes and connect it with Part 2. Now you can jump with PrgCh from Pattern 1 to 2 and transpose your Sequence. Not realy what you want, I know.
Better way: Make your sequence with the internal Arppegiator of the OT. The Arp you can transpose with external Midinotes. Problem: If you have some Midi tracks with different Midichannels on the OT and want to transpose them at the same time, ist not possible.
To transpose some Midi tracks of the OT at the same time with external Notes would be my biggest which for an Update (thet never comes)

tm

Also the Arranger can sequence MIDI transpose internally on the Octatrack… If that’s of any help in your case, I don’t know… Well, maybe not “sequence” it. But a progression of midi transpose per row. Not per trig…

Hey Cuckoo,
Do you know if you can set the root pitch to effectively transpose each pattern individually?

I want to use the same sequence in 4 different patterns but change the key of each pattern so that I can then kind of jam it live without having to spend ages adjusting the pitch lock of each trig across each pattern.

I tried messing with the pitch param in the playback page but it seems that pitch is tied to the track only. Which kind if makes sense - just wish there was a way to tie pitch to a pattern as well.

Maybe Digitakt will be able to do something like this?? (don’t know if you know)

Best

Do you want Destructive Transpose function ?
[TRACK] + :thdw::thup:arrows.

About first question can use A4’s Multi Map to transpose pattern, with direct jump, so you can transpose as you like with Octatrack and Multi Map.

Hey Folks,

thats what i Do/want to Do, and i think Valyo too.

I send Notes from a very slow (1/8speed) Octatrack midi Track to tranpose a harmonical static and shorter trig sequence of the analog four, sending the notes into the a4 at performance midi channel!!

so i can built longer sequenzes, or better said i can vary harmonies/notes of rythmical based a4 track over a longer time period.

and it works, these notes change the transpose value, BUT :-: something is strange:

from very low till c3 we move transpose from -inf to tranpose 0, fine, but upwards from that transpose goes down again? no external tranpose-up? hä? Why?

Any ideas, comments.
love the machines!
Beste GrĂĽsse,
Tobias

Sorry to did this up but I know you are still active on here, does Octatrack have destructive transpose? Can find it manual or you mean the A4?

Nope. OctaEdit probably. :content: @Rusty?

In my post I was answering the OP, and I was talking about transposing A4 patterns with Multi Map controlled by Octatrack notes.

1 Like

oh ok cool, thanks man!

So, basically [ Move ] notes up/down or [ Set ] to [ Note +/- Transpose ] ?

Of course. Just change in the Sequencer.

2 Likes