Sending the Same MIDI CC to Multiple Syntakt Tracks Simultaneously

EDIT: this is actually working as I originally expected: the MIDI channel is all that is needed to target specific tracks in the Syntakt. The problem was that I misunderstood how a Max object routed CC messages to different channels. Leaving this in place in case it helps anyone looking to route the same CC to multiple tracks. Thanks to @sezare56 for the help.

I have an intermediate MIDI cc question for the Syntakt (though it may be general enough that other devices behave the same way). A simplified version of what I am trying to do map a single slider from from Max/MSP and have it change the same parameter on multiple Syntakt tracks at the same time via MIDI CC messages.

As an example, the slider value should change the tracks’ Amp attack value on tracks 1 and 2 at the same time. From the manual in Appendix B, the Amp Attack Time is mapped to CC 79.

What I have tried so far was to set up something so that CC messages for CC 79 are sent to the Syntakt on both MIDI channels 1 and 2 (default MIDI channels for each track). However, only channel 1’s Amp attack is changed. Even if I disconnect the routing for channel 1, when I send the values to CC 79 on MIDI channel 2, it still changes track 1.

The manual also notes that Amp Attack Time is associated with NRPN MSB 1 and LSB 24. Do I also need to send some kind of NRPN message so that it knows what track the CC 79 messages should be targeting?

Thanks for looking at this and let me know if anything is unclear.

Weird.
What is Auto Channel channel ?
You don’t have to use NRPN.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming I don’t need NRPN. Let me test something again. It could be bad Max patching on my part…

Problably. I made a test with midi loopback, CC 79 is working on channel 1 and 2.

Btw if you want to control several tracks you can simply set them on the same midi channel.

2 Likes

D’oh. This was total user error on my part. It is working as expected. I will edit the original post to note this. Much appreciated for helping me realize the Syntakt side was a red herring.

Thanks,
Steve

2 Likes