Sending SysEx project files to AR

I’m loading some old RYTM projects and samples but Elektron Transfer doesn’t see the project files I want to transfer to the RYTM. They are .syx files I created a few years ago when backing up the projects using C6 (no samples included), not the Elektron AR .arprj project files from Elektron Transfer. What’s the easiest way to get the project files into the RYTM? I tried C6 and sent the project files wuth RYTM in sysex dump > recieve mode but they didn’t load. On the RYTM I chose reciece any. C6 sent the file and the RYTM shows it recieving kits and sounds, but I can’t see the project in the project menu.

Ah figured it out. C6 doesn’t send whole projects, it send all the data from a project. So, I need to transfer the project file through C6 and save it on the RYTM as a new project.

1 Like

New issues. The sample pool doesn’t load samples into the slots. Only a very few slots have an assigned sample, most from the recorded sample pool. The samples were backed up by Elektron Transfer and the folders are correct?

So you transferred the project with C6 and then the samples with Transfer? A project backed up via Sysex loses its samples allocation, right? So there’s no way to have the samples automatically load into its former associated slots, that only works with backups from Transfer, if I’m not mistaken.

Also, when loading a project, I found it can take quite some time until all samples are visible and actually loaded into ram. At first, usually even the samples from the project I had open before are displayed.

Are you sure a project transferred with sysex loses sample allocation? Some samples are allocated to the sample pool, but very few and mainly samples recorded directly into the RYTM. It would be good to confirm.

I remember (from a couple years ago) that i could rarely if ever get a project to load completely into Rytm via sysex. This was with older OS versions. In the end i always loaded my kits and patterns manually and that way i could get my full project(s) transferred. It sounds cumbersome, but was fairly easy & quick to do.
(i don’t remember if all the samples were allocated automatically via that way. I think so, but i also used to write down on paper which sample was in which slot, just to make sure. That would take some extra time, but it would give me peace of mind)