Sending NRPNs from digitakt

I’ve been playing with Peak controlled from the Digitakt and I’ve run into a bit of an annoyance when sending NRPNs to the Peak. I wanted to control the depth of sends in the modulation matrix, each of which is NRPN controlled, so I set up the first one, using I think LSB2 and MSB5, which worked beautifully. Then I set up the second one. This time using LSB2 and MSB1 and it just controlled the first destination. I changed pattern on the peak and it controlled what it was supposed to, changed back and it was still working, except now the first mapping no longer worked. Couldn’t get 2 mappings to work at the same time.
Anybody had any success in consistently sending NRPNs to any externals?

Whatever I do, it only sends NRPN to the last one I set up, regardless of the settings on all the others. Each knob will control the same parameter, the last one I set up.

I have found the other posts on how to config the MIDI tracks on the Digitakt to transmit NRPN messages via 3 (or 4) of the CC numbers.

I set the Digitakt up in the manner @void recommends on the other posts about this topic per below.

Where I am running into problems is on how to interpret the NRPN table that Sequential provides for the various program parameters.

Here’s an image of the table from the Prophet-6 manual.

Welcome to the forum!

The image is from page 72 of the manual. Page 70 of the manual describes how the parameter numbers and parameter values are converted into the two parts (MSB and LSB) of the NRPN number value and the parameter value:

The parameter numbers and the parameter values are broken into two 7-bit bytes for MIDI transmission; the LSB has the seven least-significant bits, and the MSB has the seven most-significant bits, though in most cases the MSB will be zero or one, and never more than two.

So, for example:

• the NRPN number values for Osc 1 Sync will be 0 for the MSB and 1 for the LSB;
  • the NRPN number values for FX 2 Param 1 will be 1 for the MSB and 1 for the LSB;
  • the parameter values for Osc 1 Sync will be 0 for the MSB and 0 or 1 for the LSB;
  • the parameter values for Osc 1 Pulse Width can be 0 or 1 for the MSB and in the range from 0 to 127 for the LSB.

That’s super helpful. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Sunmo = NRPN BOO.