Send sustain via Digitakt to digitone midi Out

Hi there,

I have a midi keyboard with a sustainpedal connected.
This midi keyboard has midi out to the midi in on the digitakt.
The midi out on the digitakt is connected to the midi in on the digitone.

My problem here is that the digitone recieves no info from the sustain pedal when connected to the midi out of the digitakt. (the midi keyboard chanel 1 is assigned to a midi track on the digitakt which is then assigned to midi chanel 1 on the digitone which i set to be audio track 1)
When I connect the digitone to the midi through on the digitakt all my problems go away but then no Clock info is communicated between the two.

Any thoughts on my issue?

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately in both situations MIDI is working as implemented. What about setting DN as master and having DT follow it?

thanks for your help!
If I do that I wont be able to control alle the digitakt tracks.
I have to set the midi channels on DN to recieve midi from keyboard channel and then configure the recieving midi track on the DN to send midi to DT. I only have 4 on DN so i can’t control all the tracks on DT that way.

Hmm. I find it odd that things like sustain, pitch bend and mod wheel aren’t transmitted naturally. Maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas.

Simplest solution is probably to get a midi merger and merge the DT midi out and midi thru, and put that into the DN midi in.

Hopefully that doesn’t send any unwanted signals.

Surprised Elektron hasn’t added the options to send clock out thru or pass CC on out (eg auto midi)

Indeed, this is an annoying issue I came across too. As suggested above, a midi merger is the way to workaround it.

I found an old Philip Rees 3M which is ideal, having two inputs which both have thru outputs, and a merged output. Means you have a lot of flexibility and can avoid loops of midi information.

Also, as a note, I don’t think DT midi thru transmits the sustain either…

Ideally, you’ll have a merger that will have:

• an input from keyboard out
  • also has a thru from that input to go to DT
  • an input from DT out
  • and a merged output to go to DN