Select multiple channels (?)

I’m really in the very first steps with overbridge…and using it with ableton live, I can’t select more audio channels to record, after having inserted all 8 digitakt channels …

what version of ableton live are you using? i think some intro/lite versions were/are limited to 8 (audio) tracks…

ableton 10

can you open / drag more than 8 audio channels into a ableton live project? (try without overbridge)

it might be a limitation of you version of ableton (intro? starter? or something like that?)

it seems strange to me though … there must be a way, also because I can’t simultaneously record 8 audio channels, for example digitakt, I wouldn’t know how to make O.B work. !!

please tell us exactly which version of ableton live you are using. go to help or version in the menu to find out about that. this matters, because it might be a limitation of your software.

i am using version 10 live suite !!

the problem is that i can’t record what i do in ableton :confused:

Sorry but I can’t figure it out … it doesn’t make me select multiple audio channels at the same time to record … please help me :frowning:

you have to be more precise please. what exactly do you want to do/record? (which software or part of software is „it“? how is everything set up? do you want to record audio or midi? or both? maybe a screenshot or something else… the more technical and precise your provided information is, the easier we can help you… :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe sometimes it is unclear, because I write through a translator :slight_smile: … however my main problem is that I am a beginner with O.B. , my aim is to finish a whole track and record it on ableton; seeing various tutorials I got a vague idea, where it is given as an indication (for example if you use digitakt) is to create 8 audio tracks together with the midi of the plugin, and then move on to Ableton’s arrangement view; but one of the first problems I encountered is that it doesn’t make me arm or simultaneously record the 8 audio tracks … I hope I was clear !!

Ok, if you click on one (or more than one) REC-ARM Buttons, and then REC/PLAY at the top, what happens?

try also with a new project without overbridge: just create one or more audio tracks and try to record simultaneously… we have to find out, if OB is the problem, or LIVE or something with your audio interface or… :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the problem is that you can only record arm one track at a time. In the Options menu, (Ctrl +, on Windows) go to the “Record/Warp/Launch” section and disable “Exclusive Arm”. This will allow you to record arm multiple tracks.

Edit: Also CTRL/CMD clicking a record arm button will let you arm multiple tracks without having to disable the “Exclusive Arm” option.

4 Likes

Thank you very much this was the problem … it seems that so he managed to arm them all !! … Thanks anyway for all the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes