Searching for the video performance with Nord Modulars + Octa (Mystery solved)

Hi! A bit of weird request. Some time ago I was deciding if I would like to acquire a Nord Modular again and spotted a very cool video of 2 guys performing on stage with couple of Nord Modulars and supposedly Octatrack. They were playing some experimental, noise-texture oriented sort of techno, more abstract synth structures rather than beat-oriented music. No much show or fancy visuals on stage, camera is in front of them.

I did not save a link and in recent weeks looked through all the threads here and on Youtube which include terms “Octatrack”, “Nord modular”, “Noise on Nord Modular”, “Boiler room” and cannot find this particular act. It was not an gear demo video for sure, not a very famous group/act and not banging dance music.

I know it’s weird, I begin to think I invented this video in my mind or it was deleted :slight_smile:
In any case, if you recall anything similar to this description, please share.

1 Like

I would love some videos of the Nord drum paired with the Octatrack and it’s parameter lock & p slides but cannot find any either.

I went through trying to find what you’re looking for also and couldn’t find much.

Same with the Nord Rack.

Looks like you and I will have to start an Octa-Nord youtube channel

1 Like

Actually it could be a good idea. I have both, but did not try to p-lock CCs. Hmm, I recall I was stopped by modest selection of midi-automatable parameters on ND (or misunderstood the chart)

Unfortunately the OT can’t do slides over midi, but it can do P-locks.

You can use the lfo for CC slides. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s kinda… lame.

I can do that on the Digitakt. My first Octatrack bricked so I’ve been waiting on my refund but maybe I’ll just wait off for a minute.

I send the slider CC to my Nord G2 and decide there what to do with it (most usefull is a Morphgroup). This is a nice example of how this pair makes up for eachothers weaknesses :wink:

And yes, not much video of this combo so following this :+1:

Edit: With slider i mean the crossfader of the OT.

1 Like

Could it be this one ?

It’s only one person… but it is on Boiler room and it is an OT with a NM2

2 Likes

Yes!! Thank you very much, that was it.

Also was looking for the wrong thread: