Searching for good FX pedals (not the usual known ones)

I still use my G5 from time to time. Some of the amp sims are serviceable as are a few of the effects. All in all Zoom‘s offerings tend to be excellent value-for-money.

I’m enjoying the Boss SX-700 I picked up cheap in almost mint condition, and I’ve not yet got beyond swapping around from preset to preset.

1 Like

<<I purchased one used just before they ended support for the IOS bluetooth shop<<

Same to me! What a surprise!

Concerning the amp sims, I’ve never dived into it. I surely should!

Nice… The Minibar Liquid Analyser sounds very interesting. Have to check it out!
What about the KMA? Do you like it?

I’m still waiting for them… I received only the Shallow Water… btw I canceled the Minibar order 'cause I went for the JPTR FX Double Jive - JiveeviL that was on discount and it was cheaper compared to the Minibar.

Cool! The JPTR FX Double Jive already looks evil! :slight_smile: The Liquid Analyser actually is a bit strange (and a bit funny). I would be curious testing it but not sure about the usability on a pedalboard!

I recently watched some review videos about KMA pedals. The Horizont seems to be fantastic although it is really expensive.

I bought every pedal on discount on Reverb… you can find nice deals if you search around and some shops accept offers too!

Forget JPTR! Bought an pedal direct, didn’t work, sent back, received again, still broken, sent back, now he’s just ignoring me and has my all be it broken pedal and money. By far the worst boutique company I’ve bought from.

That sux! I Hope I won’t have the same problema… At least I bought It via Reverb, so I should be covered…

lots of goodies over here… good guy too.

https://www.benidub.com/

4 Likes

I bought a pedal from them. It got lost in transit. I needed JPTR to intervene and provide information to open an investigation with USPS (they had information I did not regarding the specifics of the package). I emailed, got a bullshit response, waited, emailed, got a bullshit response. Months go by; the tracking goes dead; there is no hope of an investigation.

I bought through Reverb, so I asked them to engage. Then I spent a couple of weeks getting the same bullshit responses run by me through the Reverb rep (“yes, that is the same bullshit they told me two months ago”). Finally, they refunded my money and sent a snarky note about letting them know when I got the pedal (this was a full four months after the pedal disappeared); I think they assumed I was trying to scam them, even though the tracking history would have immediately clarified that. Ergo, they never even checked the tracking.

In short… fuck those dudes. I have never, ever had a customer service experience as bad, outside of telecommunications.

1 Like

Over 100 replies and this piece or any others from this company is mentioned, must be unusual!
Koma Elektronik Field kit fx, I’ve never had the opportunity to turn any knobs but looks Cool as hell!

2 Likes

Just stumbled upon Fabrikat:
https://pladaskelektrisk.com/product/fabrikat-tall-knobs/

Found via a demo posted in a forum that I didn’t expect to see such a demo in - OP1 through Fabrikat:

From what I have: EQD Pyramids, Orange Kongpressor
From what I want: Rainger FX REVERB-X digital reverb and Igor pressure modulation mini-pedal

The KMA Audio Machines - Horizont is going back to the shop… Audio level drops too much when the pedal is engaged.

I don’t even want to tell you about my secret favorite pedal…

…but since you asked:

Hologram Microcosm.

It’s not “cheap,” per se, but it’s #dope.

1 Like

Came here to mention the Microcosm too. Paired it with the Medusa last night and got lost for hours.

2 Likes

How are you liking your JPTR pedal? What are you running through it? Just came across their pedals and immediately loved the aesthetics. Couldn’t find any synth demos though so will have to do some research on them (Double Jive as well as ROYGBIV and Fernweh).

I have some JPTR pedals (kaleidoscope and ROYGIV). I do basically love them, I have found with synths its very easy to drive kaleidoscope into clipping (the bad, digital kind), wish it had trimmers or something inside to adjust it’s input level. This can make controlling levels and gain a bit of a pain if you are using several pedals, but nothing show stopping.

I mostly use them for guitar and they are lovely together. I was pretty keen on Fernweh but I have enough delays for now. Because they are primarily guitar pedals you should see if you can find if they filter the input/outputs, some have a high pass on the input and I havent checked with the ones i have.

I don’t know if things have changed but I ordered them off reverb and they took forever to be built and shipped. They did get here in the end it was just a bit of a wait, just saying.

1 Like

I’ve put it at the end of the FX chain (maybe I will change its place in the future; JPTR FX suggests to put it at the beginning or at the end. At the moment, at the beginning there’s the Shallow Water).
I haven’t use any pedal yet 'cause I still have to finish my pedalboard (I’m waiting for one more pedal).
I just checked if everything was working properly.

Btw I won’t connect any of my pedals directly to the synths’ outputs, the audio signal will follow this route: patchbay -> Radial Engineering JCR Reamp -> Pedalboard -> Radial Engineering J48 -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2: it’s the audio interface connected to my old PC that I still use for everyday tasks. I need it to power the J48 with 48V.
Then the audio signal, from the 2i2 analog outputs, will return into the patchbay.

1 Like