SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

thx for the feedback!
ok gotta fix the prefs for 10.9…
though most options are also available on the main interface, these should work for you in the mean time. :slight_smile:

URL drop - maybe works only with Safari?
which browser are you using?
basically it’s just click&hold any link (or the url in nav bar), then start dragging - it should then display the URL near the mouse cursor.

Thanks for the assistance :slight_smile:

Actually don’t seem to be able to drop a WAV onto a pad through finder either…

oh no… :expressionless:
it did work before?

I just uninstalled (did the upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4.

I can then send a WAV to a pad, works fine. If I then want to send another WAV to another pad I can’t seem to achieve that? Maybe I’m just having a Sunday moment :slight_smile:

I’ll do some further testing…dropping a WAV to a Pad works fine.

Can’t seem to drop a URL. When I’ve dragged the URL over a pad it doesn’t ‘light up’ as it does when you drop a WAV onto it

ok :slight_smile:
please send a quick mail here: sdsdropspprt@gmail.com
let’s do this via email, gotta investigate what this is… cheers!

any news about STROM?

yea the news is that there will be news soon - will push out another update or two for this, and then do Strom things :slight_smile:

so

have you guys tried to sample something with an Octatrack, then drag a sample from the CF card into SDS Drop? should work yes? :wink:

also

what’s your fav+ websites to sample?

Great stuff void.

I have samples organised into folders/sub directories. Will it be possible to drag those folders and have SDS Drop create the directory itself on the Rytm?

Also, can anyone enlighten me about conversion quality? I had some classic drum machine samples on the rytm but decided to start from scratch with SDS drop because I wasn’t over the moon with the way the samples sounded. I was looking at those SRC Comparisons and was wondering if the batch converter Im using may have had an affect - [url=“http://www.markvapps.com/proaudioconverter”]proaudioconverter It uses [url=“http://www.wavpack.com/”]wavpack for conversion.

Also decided to swap out some older samples for newer improved commercial ones.

sub directories: I’m working on that currently - actually it does work already (here on my machine), but it’s based on a hack & I need to make sure it’s reliable before release… waiting for feedback from Gothenburg.

conversion quality: nothing to worry about, imo :slight_smile:

Cheers, will be a great time saver.

:joy: I suppose so

Void, looks great!

Purchased it; will try it out ASAP.

Hope you can get the subdirectories function working, as having kit samples in individual folders could be quite efficient when accessing samples from the +Drive.

Nice work either way :slight_smile:

unfortunately directory support will not make it into the app. The hack which allows this is due to a bug in the Rytm OS which likely will be patched soon. And I can’t risk breaking your +drives :wink:

dont get me wrong. buy this app.

problem is, his apps are too good. you want to have updates. badly.

maybe we have the wrong payment model for such apps.

license software like an AR utility as a temporary service rather than expecting to own it. I’d rather see it as investing in software. Unlike crowdfunding I’d imagine a sort of private business relation that enforces more on user interaction.

Then again, of course, many studios and artists have software made by a contract programmer.

I hope all your wildest dreams come true

I made a short video trying out SDS Drop.

Thanks for a nice tool, Void!

//Carl Mikael

wow - thank you very much for this :+1: :heart:
I’d never be able to pull of such a nice video :slight_smile:
great usage of chains!

I’ve personally not done a lot with chains yet, but as they definitely are a thing, let’s see what SDS Drop could do to make this even easier…

Very nice example of workflow. You da man!

No worries, it’s an awesome app either way! Beautiful simplicity.