SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

Was waiting fo ther Elektron file transfer app for the MK1 but after several years waiting i guess im gonna have to buy this :slight_smile:

you waited years tho sds were already available? go for it, you will not be disappointed

1 Like

It doesnā€™t work with ARMKII? Just keeps on telling me the sample slots are fullā€¦

RIP timing :joy:

Does anyone know how to fix the ā€œno free sample slotsā€ error? Obviously, Iā€™ve made sure that I have the slots, even went as far as removing most of the samples from the machine apart from the factory pack.
The sds drop app is communicating with rytm, as the pads react to pressing a pad interface, so itā€™s not a connection issue.
Sorry for a dedicated post but the sds support is nonexistent unfortunately.
Iā€™m on rytm mki and the os is high sierra

What OS? I donā€™t think void has updated the apps to work with the new OS.

Yeah, itā€™s the new one with dvco, but I think the problem appeared before this update

The Kit & Project sysex format changed in the new OS, so that might be it.

2 Likes

According to the thread about voidā€™s app for the dt, void is gone from internetland. Looks like void has been gone a while as there has been no responses from void in the other thread.

Itā€™s likely that whatever recent changes made to the rytm and dt os broke compatibility with voids app.
According to the other thread itā€™s not looking like fixes are coming

1 Like

Yeah, void seems to do this. He makes good software but then disappears for awhile. I had an issue with Strom he said he was going to fix (twice he said that) but that was well over a year ago. I personally wonā€™t be buying anything from him anymore.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just encountered this too, first time using it since updating to the new OS, really wish Iā€™d held off on the new OS now, SDS drop was so convenient. No way Iā€™d have sacrificed it for the Dual VCO.

Because Iā€™ve had SDS Drop Iā€™ve not been paying much attention to the sample transfer thing that is apparently coming, is it a similar thing?

Transfer is already available for the rytm mki if youā€™ve updated your os. If you have the dual vco you also gained access to transfer.

Additionally, one of the members made a web based app called crunch/elk-herd that works with both rytm units. If you do a quick search on the forum, itā€™ll come up.

don, t work whit 1,45 donā€™t expend money

don, t work this app the say ever its full pads

This is a known issue with the newer OSā€™s, and from reading this thread it sounds like itā€™s unlikely that it will ever be fixed. Maybe try to get a refund?

1 Like

hehe nop , i decided to wait for Elektron :stuck_out_tongue:

THANKS i report this to apple

shame that sds drop wont be seeing any updates because this app was very good and still head and shoulders above anything elektron has produced thus far. loading samples onto the AR sucks balls. i dont know why they just didnt go with something simple and easy like an SD card or indeed provide a way to just drag and drop samples onto the required pad.

Agreed. I did not updste my AR because I use this app a lot.

Is it official that SDS Drop wonā€™t be Update to work with the new firmware? I would be willing to pay for it again even.
Such a great tool and I miss itā€¦