SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/409

heres an mpc60 floppy file - its pretty weird and gnarly

1 Like

soundfonts seem to be less harsh to my ears but still random - all great fun experimenting with different formats.

one of the great things about sdsā€¦ is using sds drop with ableton - i.e record rytm via overbirdge, resample, drag file into sds drop and back into the rytm.

abelton is the sampler and resampler, vsti host and doing all the things the AR can not and you can just flip it all back into the rythm quite quickly - all works like a dream and smooth without any errors here. Thereā€™s also the option of playing vstis and m4l with the AR pads and recording into the ableton sequencer and then send the final recording back into the AR. It limitless really.

Thank you and well done.

4 Likes

youā€™re gonna love the next update :innocent:

5 Likes

Cool canā€™t wait - Iā€™d be happy to pay another $10 for add ons in side sds drop. Why not offer inside app purchases?
That will help fund further updates.

indeed it would! I keep thinking about this, but feel tornā€¦ donā€™t like to alienate users. There will be people who happily would buy new features, others probably would be pissedā€¦ lets see. I think the new feature might warrant an IAP actually thoughā€¦

1 Like

This app is tremendous. Just left my first ever App Store review. Thanks so much for your work.

2 Likes

thanks for the review :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any info on the new release
What functions do you have in mind?
Thanks matez

1 Like

just started with the SDS drop. its night and day compared to the sysex. i have a question thou, why would the SDS say my rhythm is full and samples need to be removed, when its actually barely half full. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something cheers

Perhaps it is your 64MB Project ram that is full (not the 1GB +Drive)

2 Likes

When the 64 meg or 128 sample pool is full - just think of the pool as ā€œlock samplesā€ per project
Just move the samples into the idrive
Or just select all and delete from sample pool/128
(All samples are saved in the plus drive )

Now you should be able to drop samples again via sds drop

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

so gutted theres no Windows version. What about sharing the code to a Windows developer? split the profits??

1 Like

This is showing in the app store for $19.99, but everyone in this thread keeps talking about it being the best $10 they ever spent. Is there somewhere else to get it for $10 Iā€™m not seeing?

Brothas be broke these days

yep, I increased the price last Christmas, since the wireless connection thing was added. Tbh should have increased the price much earlierā€¦ 10$ was very low. Iā€™m quite broke myself :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Itā€™s so worth it and more.

2 Likes

No problem, was just making sure I was looking in the right place. Also sometimes developers will have their own site which allows them to take home more money without Apple taking their cut. Iā€™ll be picking up a copy soon. :wink:

1 Like

Just wanted to add that I purchased the new apple camera connection kit USB 3 and the pattern generator works like a charm when Strom is directly connected to the RYTM ! This app is amazing !!! Cant wait to see what you got cooking next, I for one would happily pay for an in app purchase, your work is appreciated !!

2 Likes

I like it, but itā€™s more expensive here Koreaā€¦ :cry:
Anyways, thanks for a great app. :smile:

1 Like

how can i go about writing my own such application for sample management, say on linux? is the rytmā€™s USB protocol documented anywhere? or is there an API?

1 Like