SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

So flipping happy , about this practical lil app. Anybody thinking about buying this def should…

sold!

Thanks Void you made my life easier :smiley:

Bought this half an hour ago. Thanks for making me late for work, Void. :frowning:

This is going to actually make me want to use samples in the Rytm! I’ve found the C6 method so time-consuming and annoying, so I haven’t really added much in the way of samples. I’m hoping that Overbridge eventually adds another solution (it would be nice to be able to transfer samples over USB in Overbridge mode), but you’ve exploited a real gap in the market here, Void.

Nice app, well done. I love something that just works with no fuss.

glad you’re happy :smiley:

please rate on the App Store! :+1:

Yep. If you’re happy, tell everyone!

exactly :smiley:

of course I did :slight_smile:

Thanks, this is so good. Haven’t bothered with Rytm samples so far as sample transfer is so cumbersome. After testing this, only thing comes to mind, why Elektron didn’t provide such a tool themselves from the start?!

I guess this feature might be coming to overbridge, but until that, this is really great!

A few UI suggestions though, it would be useful to have some hover tooltips on top buttons, how do those settings affect to results. And triggering individual tracks by pressing a pad would be useful when you are auditioning sounds.

This makes me want to convert my Maschine sets for Rytm…

hi, thanks! :slight_smile:

thanks for the suggestions - the tooltips are actually there, just hover over the buttons for a sec…

agree that MIDI triggering would be useful, gonna include this with the next update.

Woops, tooltip is there indeed! I guess I was too hasty.

Thank you!

so the app is working for all of ya, right?

there seems to be a very small number of Rytms which have different MIDI device name for some reason, and the app doesn’t connect.

It’s working like a charm for me. Easy and fast for quick drum kits. I haven’t tried any bulk transfers yet though.
Just posted a link to SDS Drop on the Elastic Membrane Blog as well. Good luck with it!

AOK here. Has made a world of difference in my workflow. And I still laugh at the haters who are expecting this functionality from Elektron any day now, while OB is still very much in a beta state.

Yes, seems that my is one of them, can´t connect!

I have an issue with missing samples.

With the new vintage drum pack for example, I tried several times and had different amounts of samples being transferred. 107, 108, 111…after dragging 124 samples onto the app. I then looked back at other folders of samples I had previously imported and they showed incorrect numbers too.

The only instruction I may or may have not followed, is setting the Rytm to ‘usb midi only’ mode. So it may have still been overbridge enabled. If that makes any difference?

Cheers

Well I checked and did have it in ‘usb midi only’ mode. Must be something else?

Using OSX Yosemite.

whoops!
will need some info to get to the bottom of that…
can you send me a mail to sdsdropspprt@gmail.com ?

Cheers, will do.

This seems like a really good app. But are there any plans to allow this to work with the Rytm in overbridge mode? I am able to transfer files using C6 whilst overbridge is running. However I didn’t realise this wasn’t possible in SDS Drop until I purchased it as there is no mention of it in the app store description.