Screen replacement RYTM MKI

This all just reminds me to never get anywhere near my Elektrons with a soldering iron. Thanks for that.

4 Likes

I am glad you are still with us that would give me a heart attack.

1 Like

Yes, please!!!

…my contribution to the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Where did u buy screen?

Reverb.com but I Guess you can buy from Winstar too… Tomorrow i’ll post a pic of the failed one, it’s a winstar screen. It’s written on the back.

1 Like

Here is the failed screen…

2 Likes

Are these ones good too?
https://www.winstar.com.tw/products/graphic-lcd-display-module/122x32-graphic.html

1 Like

There are a few options of 5V 122x32 LCD still available on the market. There are also mini step up/down DC converters on ebay/amazon. What would be the best way to go about converting 5V screen to be used in A4/AR? I am assuming AR/A4 drives the screen with 3.3V.

I am also confused by Winstar description regarding 3V option and negative voltage. What is it about?

pizza thanks for the explanation. you put it in words so well and you have just cleared off my doubts about the subject. when you say, the part is still available, you mean elektron tech support, right?

2 Likes

I just bought an A4 MKI. It needs it’s screen replaced. I want to do something different though. I am an older guy with vision impairment… Update May 28th: I bought five used A4 MKI’s and one used RYTM MKI. I am just going to use them as they are and have fun with a new pair of glasses and polyphony! I guess I would rather have polyphony over nice screens and tight knobs. If you ever see a guy running a bunch of machine like I have it will probably be me.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: LOL great!

Hi Pizza,
can I just confirm that the 3.3v screen is the right replacement for the A4? Do I need to do any extra coding or such? Can I just simply replace the screen?

Hey,

i dont actualy need a screen replacement due to a bad screen, i just want a screen with black BG and white text. Doing a custom top panel so i can make it fit in the panel by just giving the company that makes it nex sizes and location for the screen opening. But it need to fit the board of course, and needs to be not too much custom work to get it working,
I´m quite good at building and soldering but any help just to find the units would be greatly appreciated!

ok thanks for the reply. I’m currently in China and they have3 different background colors, So I was thinking of trying the blue background out. Do I need to reprogram the screen? I didn’t really understand your procedure…

ok, as long as there’s no programming involved, I can manage with soldering. Ok. I’ll give it a shot with the Winstar WG12232A and report back. thanks for your tips

please let us know when you are finished and share the part you have used.

This one looks all nice, even if it´s black on white… but it´s upside down?! Anyone tried this?

This is also an alternative, specs seem identical when i check them out. The pins have exactly the same structure too so it seems good. I order from this vendor regularly so i can order one simply to try! :slight_smile:

i used buydisplay screens in the past and they are good value in general. obviously they dont have such a juicy contrast as shown on the product pictures.

Yeah, i thought about that part. Thanks for reminding me! :slight_smile:

1 Like