Screen is just flapping in the wind

Can anyone recommend some glue that would be apt for sticking my screen back on?

My Digitakt came out of the box with the screen flapping in the wind (not the thin protector film, the actual plastic screen cover)

The bottom right corner just wasn’t glued into place correctly but a firm pressure seemed to fix it. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case and my screen periodically pops out at the bottom right corner.

I want to glue it back into place but I’m stuck as to which glue to use. Polystyrene Cement could melt the plastic and Cyanoacrylate (superglue) has a tendency to mist up transparent surfaces with what I presume is some kind of oxide.

Any ideas?

Shouldn’t you just send it back and get the unit repaired or replaced? :slight_smile:

You should contact support. They should give you the right way to do it if you don’t want to return it for something you may fix at home

1 Like

send it back.

Maybe I’ll do that. If I can find the right glue it will be a simple fix.

They will send you a new screen, I bet. I bought one from them to replace my scratched OT one.

That would be fine with me. Out of interest did your replacement OT screen have some kind of self adhesive backing or anything?

go to elektron.se, register yourself and create Support Ticket describing your situation.
Do not try to be DIY hero, if you don’t exactly know what you are doing… And even if you know what you are doing, leave that to be the last option.

2 Likes

Ticket sent

2 Likes

IIRC the screen is screwed on inside the case?
Deffo a support job

As good as fixed! Big thanks to the support team at :3lektron:elektron!

Elektron Invoice

5 Likes