Screen brightness issue: is this normal?

Just received a M:S today and the light on the screen seems uneven to me. Is an LED dead or something?

The picture makes it look worse than it actually is, but it still seems off. Is this normal?

it’s not dead or dying, it may even be adjustable (in terms of contrast via a pcb trim pot) and it may improve it, but it’s par for the course imho, these screens aren’t of the calibre of the other recent Elektrons - if you search on older AR topics for ‘burned’ lcd (not actually burned) you’ll see related chatter, nothing to worry about (although not ideal)

Used to own an A4 and know that problem well. I did adjust some settings and it looks a little better. It’s liveable, I guess, but it really gets my OCD going lol

I bought it mostly for playing back longer stems and backing tracks when I’m away from my home setup. It will probably gather some dust until I actually need to use it, so I guess in this instance it’s not a super big deal

I did briefly own a Model Cycles when it came out, and I just can’t recall if it had the same unevenness with the screen. I feel like I would remember that, though. I bought this as a refurb/“renewed” from Amazon. I wonder if the screen was an issue with the previous owner

1 Like