Scratched Machinedrum Refund Advice

I get it some people need pristine stuff even in the used market.
Me if the thing works and gets the job done I’m happy.
Just hate selling stuff on eBay and reverb
People treat it like your guitar center and use it and return it or say there’s scratches and demand money off.
I always insure my stuff anyhow.

Sorry for the rants

Need to spend more time making music with my overbridge eneabled devices now instead of looking at this thread.

Only reason I’m on it is because of the beta.

But I’m sure I’ll be booted soon…

Cheers

Also to offer a counterpoint, if I was the seller and this happened I would personally offer to refund you some money and feel guilty about it–assuming I had packaged it poorly. So yeah as others have said it’s not that big of a deal and you’ll never see it, but it does lower its value a bit and he should have been better about packaging.

They say if you can’t drop it from 6ft it’s not packed enough, cause apparently that’s a possibility. I usually go for the pass-the-parcel wrapping method. Original box<bubble wrap<newspaper/foam<bubble wrap<bigger box<bubble wrap. Everyone’s happy. Usually people spending hundreds on something don’t mind paying a tenner for bubblewrap. Shame the posties seem to wanna slam dunk the packages, that sucks about two in a row, ouch

@knobturner5000 it can be a fickle place, don’t sweat it. You’ll get full threads of offensive stuff occasionally but 90% of the time you can get flagged for disagreeing with someone

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve had something get damaged in transit before due to bad packaging and it wasn’t pretty. Luckily the shipping insurance paid out so all ended well.

And just think people pay extra for a relic job to get done on a guitar (smash the crap out of it )maybe we should start doing that to our elektron gear?

5 Likes

I think that octaguitar belonged to cab borio at one time and he got 20 bucks off it because it had a torn cenk sticker.

Thanks for the responses! For what it’s worth, when I first messaged the seller, it was just to say I was really excited it arrived, and then asked about the scratches since I heard scraping in the box.

I didn’t request or ask for any refund. They generously offered it if I wanted it, and that’s when I posted it here asking for your opinions.

I might ask to be refunded the shipping costs. Honestly getting a genuinely caring response from the seller is worth more than getting any money back.

The machine is seriously awesome, and it doesn’t affect playability at all! Just curious how some of you would have handled it, and now I know:)

3 Likes

Anyone remember this gem

4 Likes

Yeah I sold it to you and shipped it in a paper bag and you complained that the screen was broken.

What do you want for free shipping…

I’ll accept a £50 refund

@ OP good on you for not stressing on it. Enjoy your unit

I still wonder if that guy was actually serious…Cause smashing a $1000+ piece of gear just because it frustrates you has got to be one of the craziest things I’ve heard.

But it also DOES look like a footprint on it…Anyone remember if it still worked?

I’ll toss in a game boy that’s broken and a soldering gun.
Should get that screen working again.

It’s called hulk mode or hulk smash and I suffer from it.