Treenote - Alone

Hi, I just released a new album titled ‘Alone’ and wanted to share it here.

This album is mostly downtempo electronica but also has elements of dance music and IDM in certain songs. Sonically it is inspired by a mix of Moby, Aphex Twin, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Hammock, Stephen Bodzin, and Cliff Martinez.

Thematically, the title is an allusion to the process of making ambient electronic music, and being ‘alone’ with my machines.

I made most of this album before getting my Digitakt so it actually doesn’t feature any Elektron gear. My next album will heavily feature Digitakt.

Gear I did use:

• Moog Sub Phatty
  • Korg Minilogue
  • Korg Volca Keys
  • Korg R3
  • Jackson JS32 (Guitar)
  • Logic Pro X (DAW)
  • Mackie Big Knob Studio (Soundcard)
  • Built in Logic plugins (FX, software instruments)
  • Valhalla Shimmer, sound toys little plate (reverb)
  • Ozone (Mastering)

YouTube Playlist link:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLexEDEX2ZfnyDTuULnSySl1RaEGIzpDh9

Bandcamp link:

If you check it out I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your time.
-Scott

6 Likes

The title track sounds really good.

1 Like

Alone kinda’ reminds me of that Cure song All Cats Are Gray, which is rad because it’s one of my favs! Sort of like a modern evolution of that style, pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Thanks! The title track and ‘Past Lives’ are the songs I’m most proud of on this release.

Thank you! I’m not familiar with that Cure song. I’ll have to check it out.

Do it! I think you’l be into it :slight_smile: I think Alone is my favourite thing of yours I’ve heard yet.

1 Like

I checked it out. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a great track! I can also definitely see how you made a connection between ‘All Cats Are Gray’ and my song ‘Alone’.