Science Lab Challenge, September 2015 [Main Thread]

It does BUT not with Plock!!
If you do the automation on Ableton, it works great.
If you tweak the AR live too.
BUT not if you do Plock trig…
Do I miss something?

If it is like that…better be DAW ninja than a hardware lover…

Thanks. I’ll get to it then.

I haven’t used OB much until now, so correct me I’m wrong but it doesn’t show p-lock parameter movements on the VST?

So order to get the visuals working for this competition we have to do all p-locks as automation in DAW?

I find that quite confusing to use as, if using both the DAW and the machine, via p-locks, to automate parameters; there will be data for such automation in both the DAW and the machine but neither will display all parameter automation (p-locks and Ableton automation)?

Be handy and a lot quicker to be able to get visuals going via the machine for this competition rather than DAW if possible? Found myself recording p-locks and then copying the ‘automation’ into ableton so that the VST follows what the machine is doing and actually displays it on the VST!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

Damn, I missed this…
Indeed, I think it will be a DAW creation.
Fortunately it has to be less than half a minute long…

Do you guys know if Ableton can send messages to the AR to switch patterns ? I haven’t found how yet…

Aww, I got excited as I was in the mood for a competition. But as a hardware musician this is not for me either. :frowning:

I get their reasoning, but it still feels like a competition in replacing their machines with a DAW, which is a bit… odd. Ah, well, more time to hone my, erhm, “skills” until the next challenge. :slight_smile:

Ah, the marketing department needs some help :wink:

Sounds like fun… I’m in.

A few clarifications:

[ul]
[li]You may only use one monophonic track on the Analog Four/Keys[/li]
[li]Parameter automation must be done in the DAW, not in the machine sequencer[/li]
[li]You may design your sound any way that you like. Start with a preset or with your own design[/li]
[li]Samples on Analog Rytm is okay to use[/li]
[li]You may “edit” the video with fade in/fade out/trim in the start and end of the video[/li]
[li]You may add video effects, if they don’t alter the Overbridge interface and the interface is still clearly visible on screen[/li]
[/ul]

You may not, however, edit the composition by jumping in time, the video has to depict 15-30 continuous seconds of sound/video.

If you want to use FX, you are only allowed to automate the track sends, you can set the FX page to any settings you like, but not automate it.

Finally:
This thread is for participants in the competition, if you don’t want to participate, please don’t discuss it in this thread.

thanks fredikalm, all clear for me!

Samples => shugoi !

Thanks for the clarifications !

ops another one, sequence are in the midi clip or in the machine?
sample must be oneshot or could be long sample with different sound in?

How about sound locking of trigs? As this can’t be done in OB can it? Are we allowed to lock sounds to trigs in the machine and do parameter automation in OB?

Q : I have reaper and overbridge recorded automotion, the audio plays back +automotion
thru speakers but I cant record the audio signal? within icecream (screengrabber)
in its settings I can only choose analog keys, and or microfoon input ??? shrubbery

please like to have a good screen grabber , so I can record it good

which ones work best for pc ?
thankz
thought it was simple sigh :slight_smile:

Super excited about this challenge, it’ll be really interesting to see what we can all squeeze out of 1 track.

I was really hoping to partake in the next one of these challenges too because I was Elektron-less the first time around.
    I was really hoping to partake in the next one of these challenges too because I was Elektron-less the first time around.[/quote]

Jebus Chryst give it a rest.

This is a bit of fun to test out the possibilities of the long awaited Overbridge.

No one here focuses on making ‘software videos’ but this is a really interesting challenge and a chance to nab a great bit of gear.

I for one am going to have some fun and give it my all.

If you must whinge please do it somewhere else.

I was really hoping to partake in the next one of these challenges too because I was Elektron-less the first time around.[/quote]

This is a bit of fun to test out the possibilities of the long awaited Overbridge.

No one here focuses on making ‘software videos’ but this is a really interesting challenge and a chance to nab a great bit of gear.

If you must whinge please do it somewhere else.[/quote]
How about no? Why would I start a new thread to concur with a point already made in this thread? lol

:+1:

If you must whinge please do it somewhere else.[/quote]
Definitely going to be challenging and fun this one! I also don’t understand why people are crying about it. Elektronauts has recently turned into Gearslutz…

Hihi made me grin this challange. Since I bought my Elektron about a month ago, I hardly used my DAW anymore. Doing all the things on my RYTM, THAT is the funpart and very inspiring! Still I found this very challanging. So first things first… Find out how Overbridge works…