Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

i have posted my submission sys-x file on the files area of the forum…

1. congrats to the winner, fantastic track!!!
    now that it doesn’t seem like i’m being a sore loser (lol)…
    i 100% agree with this post. what gives elektron? you said you would post all of the submissions, not just 15 or w/e. nowhere did it say “and 12 semi-finalists”
    sounds like you just skipped through the majority of them, put the light eq/compression on your favorites, and called it a day.
    this thread has been crazy active. im sure there were a lot of people that submitted. what was the total? even if the track itself isn’t a winner, perhaps a snippet of it makes the listener go “huh, how’d they do that?” and generates discussion.
    very poor form imho

well done Zillamatic, and all those that made the top 12, and good work electron for putting together this comp to showcase such good range of power for the machines.

personally Im not phased at all that elektron didnt post all 250+ entries, thats a lot of time to go through and match levels etc. We as users can take that task off their hands just through this forum and let them get back to work on Overbridge and inventing new and more complicated looping devices… hopefully there will be more comps and now they know what to expect.

Congrats Zillamatic! Well deserved, you track was really good!

Enjoyed participating in this, loads of fun.

Congrats Zilla, Killa track indeed and well deserved win! Congrats to the runners up Pong Fu and Wan123, and everyone who entered and had fun with this science lab. Anyone who thinks hardware seqs are too limiting has got to listen to these tunes!

if it only took 30 minutes, i’d love to see a ‘making off’ video. i don’t really understand how you get this sounds out of that sample

Nice track, Zillamatic.

Decided to go the D&B route as well: https://soundcloud.com/delyria/ar-delyria-pseudotimestretch-device

(posted link previously, but it was private. So if someone wants to add it to the user playlist, that’d be great!)

seeing in how i just received mine in the mail today, i would like a few tips :smiley:

Wow great winners list and best lab yet

congratulations to Zillamatic,PongFu, Wan123

great tracks everyone

ps. heeft pongfu toch nog een Hoodie te pakken :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats! Zillamatic Great tracks to the runner-ups as well. I knew mine wasn’t a winner but I am grateful for the contest and how I had to dig deeper into the sample side of the AR. I learned a lot about my machine.

I would be interested to see some notes on how you created the sounds.

Zillamatic definitely nailed it and deserves the win 100%, I have to say though, no disrespect intended as everybody made an amazing effort, but I am really not feeling some of the tracks that made the top 12, I think there were definately better entries that should have been there instead.

Perhaps next time instead of the judging being all on Elektron, the tracks could be uploaded ‘anonymous’ and listener voted? If there was some way to do this without someone with five million fans advertising the track and swaying the vote…?

Idk man…
Crowds MAKE the artist. Yeah fine and dandy- we got dem feels and we can make those blips and blops, but if you cant insight a response in/from others in some way, you’ll get lost as background noise.
Granted, we are artists & with that comes a certain liberty of expression, but greatness is found in our ability to relate to others :slight_smile:

congratutaltion to the winner! … well deserved !!! also congrats to the follow uppers …

and thanks elektron for the inspiring challenge which glued this community somewhat more together for a while (hopefully longer! )

Well, a good mourning it is.
Just MADE me some democratic break(beat)fast by simply consuming the lot of it into existence.
Then the showering inferno of blimps and blobs went soundcloudseeding the 15" subtitles of babel with some freshly squeezed science lab silverjuice and mercurial supercereal with the smurfbarry’s from the quaker of the earth quaking the muscle of Grandmaster flesh in the epilepticenter of humanity.

Well anyway, a smurf doesn’t sweat, a smurf pants… (clouds)
like PongFucius doesn’t speak, he rants… (on his blackbarry phone).

Congratulations mr. zillamatic,
and viet congrats to the sharing communisty.

(It’s a picture of a cloudseeding strawbarry… obviously)

Idk what i just read, but i likes it XD

Congrats to the winner AND everyone else, i think we all won something in this contest!

I certaining got to learn more about my OT in the shortest period of time than any other gear i have! And i know i still have to lots to learn!!!

And im thinking very hard not to buy an AnalogRythm… I just hope the good folks at Elektron dont give us a rebate coupon to do so coz i would crack… :slight_smile:

Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved!
I’m super proud to end up in the top 12

Dear Elektron.
I know I only came in 9th place but can I have some free stuff anyway :wink:
An analog keys would be great.

I was aiming for that one too :slight_smile:

Trying to scrape up the funds for one at the moment. Probably have enough for a used A4.
It would have been way too easy to have just won the thing eh!!