Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

Just got mine today. I wouldn’t sweat it if you haven’t heard yet - I think they’ve got a really full plate with this one!!!

Great stuff all the way around. I hope there are more of these competitions to come!
Here is my entry. https://soundcloud.com/sxript-urs/ar-wordmadeflesh322-elektronauts-sceince-lab-challenge

Poor guys, don´t know how many tracks had been submitted but… bufff!! just listen to all, must to be very tedious. But it is a good way to work, i think it is a great company and they do a great work for now. I´m hoping they remains in this way in the future they are very great and honorable people to me… Independently if the winner is the best or not, which i think it is very subjective. Listening randomly as i do, only just to several tracks, get an opinion to said who is better is very difficult,. In another hand, if a new Mozart of electronic is been discovered it will be great :wink:

I wonder if they will still announce the winner on Friday, or if they will be able to get through all the submissions!

i read on twitter they got around 250 submissions … i wouldn’t like to listen to 250 tracks and judge them on top of it. i think after 30 my ears would be bleeding

so i wouldn’t be surprised if they shift the winner-announcement a couple of days

We’re not talking about a simple judging deadline

haha Wascal this became a local joke here in my town.
We are not talking about a simple joke :slight_smile:

OOOooooh!

anticipation building…

Ooooh!

listened to all six hours of the playlist :astonished: that’s a looot of music and i’ve enjoyed it all!
what about a compilation with all the tracks? (would probably need a dvd to fit all in it :smiley: )

I vote for Badder and we work for ELEKTRON as partners and forum encouragements or on support for free a few hour per day during a year :slight_smile: not bad idea, either difficult to control :slight_smile:

Literal LOL! aweee man, made my day with this one, and its actually been a pretty good day!

Amazing isn’t it!

You know what… I think everyone should win - free Elektron box for everyone who submitted - there - problem solved :joy:[/quote]
yes 1 for everyone who entered…to share. I call the first Sunday! And I think we all agree AKeys???

Amazing isn’t it!

You know what… I think everyone should win - free Elektron box for everyone who submitted - there - problem solved :joy:[/quote]
yes 1 for everyone who entered…to share. I call the first Sunday! And I think we all agree AKeys???[/quote]
Not that i have a chance at winning, but it would DEF be the a4k all day long(and i already have one), despite the fact i dont have an octatrack. How awesome would it be to do sonic battle with two of those? drool

Yes most awesome! this was fun, more!
here is my track, cheers and good luck to you all.

is there already somewhere a playlist with all submissions?

there’s a playlist made by Mikkel Zen on soundcloud :slight_smile: enjoy

I am wondering if it would have been a good idea to have all those entering the competition to run through the calibration process prior to starting the competition? I was doing a bit of research on the forum about calibrating the machine and I decided to give it a go, once completed I shut it down and restarted and all is fine (better actually) I did notice a difference in the way the analog compressor responds, or so it seems. I went back through and opened some old project files and there is a difference in what seems to be the precision of the compressor sections and possibly or it could be whatever monitors the overall mix of the machine. I hope that makes sense…Along with other small nuances that sound different.

Anyhow the reason I bring this up is because I am curious to hear the extent to which the sound of the sysex file will be changed in proportion to calibration or lack there of with each machine?

I apologize if this is a bit off topic…

Hi, has anyone gotten a confirmation? I send my track last Friday

Interesting thought.
Some modern, analog gear does indeed need an warm-up period and I, too, have experienced audible differences with my A4 from one day to the next.
However, I’m sure component tolerances are very close from one machine to the next, so I doubt you have to worry. Everything is digitally controlled, too. Today, things are very different from the day of the 303 and 808; they were known to have great disparity in sound, from one machine to another.
Anyway, I think they’ll use the sysex as more of a verification. Your recorded audio will be the thing they judge.

Make sure your track made the deadline. It actually had to be in kind of early on Friday for North American folks, because of the time difference. Think it was like 1PM in Sweeden time or something, says in the original post. Kinda tricky.