Scene locks / Fader: Not working until reboot

Have noticed an odd issue;

When I set up a scene, and some locks - they show on the display, but moving the fader doesn’t affect the sound right away. Then, after a reset - it does.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it possible I have a weird setting turned on somewhere?

Thank you elektronauts -

Hey,

Is it Just one project ?

Tried a blank new one? If it doesn’t happen you’ve created a setting.

Are you accidentally muting your scenes? scene a/b + function will mute it and stop it from working.

Hi guys, it seems to persist across projects and even survives the clearing of a scene. The scenes are not muted. It’s very odd. I might factory restore this sucker and see if that helps.

Interesting, this only happens to the Line Ins as they are directed to the master. Scene locks for internal Octatrack tracks work fine immediately.

So in short, seems at first glance like there is a bug in that scene locks for T8, when it is set as a master, won’t affect the Input channels until, for reason, the power is cycled on the Octatrack. :expressionless:

That just happened to me and my search for help brought me here.
And I’ve figured out that I’ve got my MIDI - CONTROL - AUDIO CC OUT set to EXT that’s why none of my scenes worked with the fader.
When I switched it back to INT, everything was back to normal again.

3 Likes

Interesting. I have the same problem. (When I press A, Trg 1 is red, Trig 9 is green, when pressing B is opposite).
Did P-Locks while I held “Scene B” in the Amp.
P-Locks are indicated and inverted when I press “Scene B”.
Moving the Crossfader to B doesn’t do anything.

Changed the MIDI-Settings, did the Reboot. No difference.

Did you ever figure this out? Having similar issue.

Could you describe precisely your issue? (several possibilities)
What is your OS version?

1 Like

Have you got Scene A and Scene B mapped to the same Scene?

Else:

• Octatrack MkI or MkII?
  • Operating System
  • Can you replicate in new Project?
2 Likes

Not mapped to same scene.
MKI
1.30C
Its happening across all projects.

Specifically, my issue is the Scene B button doesnt seem to cause any of the scene locks. I.e. if I set scene B to pitch shift up 12 nothing happens if I slide the fader across. Scene A is holding locks fine.

Is it like if your scene was muted? (Scene B led off)

1 Like

Check that, I tried following another thread and resetting via FUNC power up mode but might have flipped the problem i.e. now scene A wont hold the locks…

Does the crossfader move on the screen?

Might Have Midi CC Direct Connect disabled?

[ Project ] -> [ Control ] -> [ Midi Sequencer ] -> [ CC Direct Connect ]

1 Like

I don’t see crossfader move on scree. CC Direct Connect is enabled. Will scenes not work if that is disabled?

[ Project ] -> [ Midi ] -> [ Control ] -> [ Audio CC Out ]

Assume that is set to [ EXT ] ?

1 Like

Set to INT + EXT

• Power off
  • Power On whilst holding [ Function ]
  • Press [ Trig 01 ] to enter [ Test Mode ]
  • Move the crossfader; the trig leds should change
2 Likes