Saving sound

Ive read the manual and tried figuring this out, but i just can’t seem to save changes to a sound.
I have a sound on track A, i adjust the filter, but then how can i save my changes to the sound?
Apologies for the annoyingly basic question but i just can’t work it out.

Thanks

Manual says (p. 23)

When you import a sound to a pattern, it becomes a copy of the sound on the +Drive. The
sound is not linked to the original sound stored on the +Drive. Instead, it fully becomes a part
of the pattern.

So once your Sound is loaded in the pattern, you don’t edit the original Sound, but the local sound in the pattern.
If you want to save such changes in the original Sound in the +Drive, you have to save your local sound on top of the original Sound in the +Drive

I hope my explanation is clear enough… If not, you should read the manual a bit more ^^

1 Like

On the Digitone you don’t “save” sounds you “export” them, which is basically the same thing.

When you export the sound you can rename it and select where you want it stored. The default store point is the first empty slot.

“Function” plus “Pattern” brings you to the Import/Export menu page.

Ah ok, brilliant. Thanks!

So there is no faster way to save a sound to the +drive then?Often enough i edit a sound and just want to overwrite the old version,It’s cumbersome to open the soundbrowser and go to all export steps needed.Especially cause it automatically selects an empty slot on the bank.Which can be far away from the location i want to overwrite.It’s quite annoying actually.Would love to see a simple"Func + xxx" command for quick save/overwrite of Sounds.

1 Like

This is because changing an Old version of a sound will not go back and change the sound in places it’s already been used. So it doesn’t automatically place you to overwrite it to prevent losing sounds due to user error.

1 Like

i see but the sound is saved in a pattern anyway hence the possibility to"export"them.I don’t want to change that behavior,i just want to speed up the export…

edit:and the A4 seems to deliver a quick save for sounds so there’s that…