Saving machine settings to a pattern

What’s up
I recently got my hands on Machinedrum and I absolutely love it, especially the fact that for the most part I could start instantly without reading a manual
However there’s one thing that’s not clear to me and is driving me kinda nuts even after going through the manual last night – is there a way for a pattern to keep all of its settings on individual machines?
Example situation:
I’ve got a pattern, it includes this funky device that only has SYN1–8 parameters – I want to copy the pattern, paste it to a clean one, fuck it up, then switch back to the original with all of its settings restored, then go to the fucked up one again, then maybe do a third one with different setting on some or all of the machines. What’s happening to me tho is that when I switch I only get the copied steps – however the machines keep the changes I did to them. Is there a way how to make the pattern store all of the data – both steps, settings etc.? So It’s always exactly the same no matter what I do while tweaking another pattern?
I’m sure I’m missing something very basic
Once I figure this out I won’t need another drum machine in my life
Thanks
d

Save the “Kit”. Page 15 of the manual.

I really recommend that you read the manual, if only to find out what amazing features you’re missing out on.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks man! So for every pattern I also save its kit I want to preserve?
I basically went through all of it last night and already got a bunch of cool new shit from it – just this seemed kinda odd to me – all clear now tho!
Thanks a bunch
d

The Patterns are saved automatically. You need to save the Kit. The Kit is associated with the Pattern, so that the Kit is automatically reloaded when you select the Pattern.

A pattern will use 1 specific kit. But a kit can be used in multiple patterns.
If you copy a pattern to mess around , and you do adjustments to the kit. Make sure that you save to a new kit by choosing another slot when saving the kit.