Save to new = save + save as (both at the same time) Why?

:coffee:
If you want to reload a specific state of a part, you have to save it.
The “saved state” of parts is not auto saved.
The actual state of parts is auto saved.

Edit : I checked. If you save a project, then save a part, then reload the project, the part is not saved. So I think parts are saved with bank.work files.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

BTW, it would be so much clearer (to me, at least) if Elektron named these functions/states differently: “store” (and it’s counterpart “restore”) and “save”. Sometimes I feel like they made simple stuff difficult to apprehend to maintain that “deep” aura that surrounds their products. I mean… trigless trigs… WTF… on the other hand, we can buy meatless meat and cheeseless cheese too… oh well…

1 Like

Well, trigless trigs are especially irritating, because in comparison to lock trigs trigless trigs may indeed trigger (envelopes).

The way I see it is that one of the main uses of the word trig is to “launch” something…
Trigs launch notes.
Trigless locks therefore don’t trig(launch) notes but have locks…
Trigless trigs however don’t trig notes(trigless) but they still trig envelopes/lfos(trigs)…

Sure they could have named it something way more technical, somebody at :3lektron: has a sense of humor… :smile: I can see how this might drive tech industry people mad, for me it’s all part of the fun… :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve been told that next update will include lockless locks :wink:

1 Like

I know that “trigless” is meant as “no sample trigger”.

What I implicitly/really meant is: it would make more sense when trigless trigs and lock trigs (which are really trigless in every sense) are named the other way around :wink:

2 Likes

Lock trigs are the new terminology introduced with Digitakt and trying to be used across the board.
Original OT terminology is: Trigs / Trigless Locks / Trigless Trigs

3 Likes

I prefer the old terminology and think “Lock Trigs” make it even more confusing…
Newest OTMK1 manual still calls them trigless locks, OTMK2 manual calls them lock trigs…

bit off-topic, but that ear was used in the MNM manual to warn about feedback values above 64 on the delay being more than 100% feedback, seems like the Elektron tech writers should read their own manuals :laughing:

2 Likes

I also have been told than a new reggae-beatbox machine is planned. Featuring dreadlock trigs, of course.

3 Likes

My OT won’t let me play reggae… I always get “Dub Aborted”… :grin:

4 Likes