Save edited sounds like on digitakt

Hi all
I’ve had my octatrack for a few months now and I absolutely love it. It’s one of the most creative devices I ever used. And I still have yet to scratch it’s surface which is something I love about it.

I do have a question though. I was re-watching some digitakt videos for fun and I remembered that there was a way to save your sample with its settings almost like a “patch” or a preset I guess as a sound.

Is there any way I can do that too with the octatrack? I’d love to use a few single cycle waves and create a few “synth” presets so I don’t have keep re-setting up a track every time I want to use a single cycle to make a voice.

If not maybe other ways I can optimize my sounds coz right now every time I start a new project every track I go select the sample, edit it if I need. Do all the things in the various pages. It’s quite cumbersome and slow especially if I want to quickly change from one sound to another during performance ( and I’m not talking about switching parts)

Thanks.

Save Sample Settings p85

Save the sample and settings into a shared location; e.g. [ AUDIO\MySounds ] then when you load a sample from there, it will pick up the matching settings file.

Or were you wanting to know how to save the entire Audio Machine for use again?

Or were you wanting to know how to save the entire Audio Machine for use again?

yeah i think this is what i was looking for i guess… a way to save the audio machine’s state as a preset or a sound. something i could recall again…

i guess that doesn’t really exist seems like it. that’s kindof sad that would be a cool feature.

I think you could use parts in this manner maybe?

1 Like

Yeah parts would definitely save the entire set of parameters, only problem with that is it saves the entire 8 tracks together. (kindof like a kit let’s say) where i was hoping for a way to just save 1 sound with all its parameters.

seems like DIGITAKT has the upper hand on the octa in that regard… i’m quite surprised to be honest

1 Like

I was under the impression you could copy part one to another location, part two to another, etc.

Yes it does do that. What I mean is a part contains the information of all 8 tracks. So you save the state of all 8 tracks as a part. You can copy over one part to another but you’ll be copying all 8 tracks of information. You can’t just save/copy just 1 track.

Yeah, I got you. You can use Octaedit to save modules and then load them into now projects.

In grid recording mode, select source track, func+rec to copy, change location, select destination track, func+stop to paste

1 Like

That’s called evolution. Grandchilds can perform “tricks” their grandparents can’t. :wink:

The OT was declared feature-complete by Elektron long before the DIGITAKT arrived on the scene.