SAS- Sample Acquisition Syndrome- what is your approach?

And of course randomness takes us straight to Cage & Mozart.

1 Like

Taking time to organize is a good way to counter GAS. It helps you know what you already have, what you need, and how much you have already invested.

2 Likes

does anyone know if Sononym’s scanning analysis does anything to samples that would make it interfere with other sample manager apps?

I use SoundMinerPro but can only justify it as sound design is my main job, my library has 500k+ sounds and SMPro has paid for itself many times over.
But for serious library management a few options, AudioFinder is relatively affordable & powerful!

SoundMiner Pro - primarily for sound post/sfx library
Basehead - primarily for sound post/sfx library
AudioFinder - primarily for music/sample library

I don’t have experience with other sample browsers.
But as far as I know the library appears as usual and untouched.
Only analyses data is generated I guess.

1 Like

I basically just use 808 and 909 from samples of mars and of course have a huge library of self recorded shit that’s in complete disarray. Soundwise 808 and 909 are more than enough, you can mangle them to sound like anything really.

my sample collection is fairly modest, mostly drum/percussion one-shots.

i just ditch everything that i’m not going to use, and avoid to download zillionth 808 – 909 – other popular gear samples once i already have trusted ones that worked well.

i also avoid too detailed collections that offer 127 samples for 127 velocity levels – they’re just impractical to use however „realistic“ they are.

1 Like