Sampling length issues at specific BPM values

i don’t get the problem - 64 steps of sampling time at 108bpm isn’t 8.88 seconds?
if you want the full 33secs, use a setting of ‘max’

Maybe you should read the complete thread, at least the first postings. Then you understand the complete issue. :wink:

2 Likes

I did. You said you can live with it.

Which ‘machine’ are you using on TRK1 ?

hmm sounds like some sort of rounding error in code. it’s weird that 109 works tho

just tried it here with the default kick at 108 and yes, it’s not quite perfect. it’s the same for all ‘even’ numbered tempos i tested (102, 104, 106…) - whereas the odd tempos (101, 103, 105…) are fine.

103:

104:

5 Likes

Oops :zonked:

2 Likes

Interesting find. Then @boorch is probably right in assuming that it is a rounding error in the code.

I’ve already opened a support ticket regarding this issue and will report here as soon as I got an answer.

8 Likes

Finally updated OS, and no issue here either, very odd indeed.

1 Like

Error 104 ?
I also add one with this tempo.
But not with others you mentioned.
What threshold did you use ?
I used 0.

Did you use 16 steps RLEN ?
(Looks like by the waveform)

I had the problem at 104 bpm, 16 steps, threshold 0.

I used a pulse wav on first step.

This is how to recreate the issue:

• Create new project.
  • Select for track 1 the factory sample “BD Digit”.
  • Set a step on 1, 5, 9 and 13.
  • Set tempo to 108 bpm.
  • Hit sampling button.
  • Set the following sampling parameters: RLEN = 64, THR = 10, SRC = TRK1
  • Hit YES to arm.
  • Start PLAY to start the resampling.
  • Hit < to enable loop.
  • Hold FUNC+YES to preview the recorded sample as loop.

Result: You will hear a loop with audible artefacts at the loop margin. Beside this, you see in the display a small peak at the very right end of the sample (see screenshot in the first post in this thread).

Now change the tempo to 107 or 109 and repeat the procedure as described above. The resulting sample will be recorded properly and the loop is running smooth. The display shows no peak at the sample’s end.

3 Likes

Yea, 0 threshold here, was using shorter loop lengths of 16 too.
Weirdly i can’t recreate the same result with the shorter lengths after restarting the DT, but krunchr’s steps above will (not) work every time.

1 Like

I’m able to reproduce it using your specific settings. If I change the threshold setting, it persists. If I change record length to 16 or 32 steps, it’s fine.

2 Likes

The same results happened on mine when using the specific settings.

As was previously mentioned, it seems to happen with all even-numbered tempos.

1 Like

From my end it appears to be specific samples causing the issue, if I switch out other samples, switch tracks, it doesn’t happen. The samples causing the issue on my end are the BD Digit and HT Digit.

1 Like

I just used an 808 bass drum sample and the bug is still there.

1 Like

Totally agree that Elektron should implement this one! This is mostly needed when resampling or sampling sequenced gear.

1 Like

We discussed about it during Beta, there are chances to have it with next update. No promises, no ETA…

More options with quantized rec would be welcome. It can be more interesting to record a loop after 1 cycle (think fx tail, compressor pump at the beginning…).

5 Likes

Absolutely. At the moment we can’t automatically sample anywhere other than the beginning. I don’t believe that sample trigs will come. So the solution you propose would be a real blessing.

2 Likes

First feedback from Elektron support: The issue could be reproduced and was forwarded to the developers.

6 Likes

Still not fixed in 1.51A :frowning:

1 Like