Samples, Sysex and Catalina

Hey there, this is probably a noob question but I can’t seem to find a thorough explanation anywhere online. I am running Catalina on Mac, which doesn’t support anything less than 64 bit software. Since c6 won’t work, I have tried using sysex librarian, but am just completely lost as to how this is supposed to work. I have no idea how to get WAV samples turned into SYX files. Can anyone give me any pointers? Been struggling for a couple weeks trying to figure this out. Thanks

If I recall correctly, the Machinedrum uses MIDI Sample Dump Standard but perhaps there is some additional magic involved. Have you seen @JustinValer Minicommand MCL Live? It does all kinds of stuff and he would probably know more about the specifics of the SDS.

1 Like

Thanks a ton, will check it out.

There is also forthcoming MDEdit which gets at the Catalina issue (see the end of this thread MDEdit : MachineDrum Editor and Librarian). It’s not quite out yet though.

1 Like

Oh that’s relieving. Thank you

Looking for a converter that can produce .syx.

Running Mac OS Catalina, going to use Sysex Librarian to transfer files to MDUW once I get the correct file type.

CabLab doesn’t seem to be intended for this.

I will be able to use C6 on another machine for a batch of conversions but it would be really nice to find something to use on Catalina

Any ideas?

If you’re comfortable with command line interface, try libsndfile tools.

Ref: http://macappstore.org/libsndfile/

Also, consider MegaCommand :slight_smile: