Samples browser, am I doing it wrong?

When I start a new project, I go to my samples browser, choose about 30 kicks, then ‘add them to the current project’. I then do the same for claps and hats etc.
Then I start making a track and auditioning sounds via the SRC page.

The problem is, this seems so long winded! Say if none of those kicks floats my boat, I then have to remove them from the ram and then go back to the browser to add more kicks.

Can we not just flick through samples in the browser whilst we are hitting the pad?

What is the easiest or best way?

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. I don’t think I’m even sure what the difference is between the groove pool and the ram, both seem to have 128 slots?

2 Likes

You can preview the sample before loading it from the sample browser by using Func + Yes.

1 Like

A much quicker way is put in your kick trigs then go to SRC screen
then press func + src Then press func + yes on the sample slot you want to use,
then you can swap the kick directly into the sample location… it works for sample locks as well… So yes, you are doing it the long winded way swapping samples directly is much easier

4 Likes

Sounds like a good read-through of the manual will go a long way for you! The answers are all in there, and yes there is a much better way to do this than your current method.

Go one step further and audition them on your pc before even transferring them. That’s what I did.

1 Like

Thanks dan, I’ll give that a look. The ram thing with 127 slots just isn’t cutting it.

1 Like

I was doing it the way you described until I learnt this way…
you can put samples in as you go…
it’s too hard to predict what samples you need by loading them into the ram first

2 Likes

Agreed. Thanks guys