SRC - Sample Transfer for iOS

Please, please tell me it can transfer embedded loop information intact… it’s so frustrating that I can do that with a 30-year-old Mirage and not with my shiny new Digitakt. It’s such a drag finding those loop points again once my samples are transferred over to the DT.

1 Like

that would be cool! But the transfer protocol doesn’t support loop points (yet?)

People have pointed out before that loop point support is tricky to implement since DT’s parameters don’t have sample-accurate resolution, or otherwise match the loop point format in other samplers…

2 Likes

Is the OP-1’s resolution sample accurate? Surely not? Yet that one does it, so I wanna believe it’s possible - but then, I have no idea how difficult such a thing might be. Obviously, it’s not up to you to do it, but rather to Elektron to make the DT compatible.

My current solution is to look at the looped wave in my sample editor (Wavelab or DSP Quattro, usually) and to try to match the approximate position of the loop points visually on the Digitakt. I can then fine-tune the loops until I get roughly the same results.

yea I figure it could be doable with a subset of loop-point functionality… :+1:

2 Likes

It would be fantastic if it could happen. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check - after all, the Digitakt says “Drum Computer & Sampler” right on the front panel, not “Instrument Computer & Sampler” but the inclusion of the loop Length and Loop Position parameters (not to mention all of the single cycle waveforms) make it such a fun and inspiring instrument sampler - I’ve hardly bothered using it for drums at all!

:astonished:

Hi, i don’t get it. IS there an iOS app to tranfer samples to the DT or are those videos just provided by a developer which has not released the app yet ?
STROM does NOT work with the digitakt, am i right ?

there is no app yet
this is a developer showing his work.
strom does not work.

end of reply :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thnx mate !

2 Likes

yeah the app is working and ready for 1.0 release but I don’t have any time to drop it right now…

5 Likes

Actually I don’t have the time to look for anyone (but I will be harassing ur Twitter…)

3 Likes

If someone can get this working with iOS 11’s files or AudioShare it would open the iPhone / iPad up as an instant sample editor / sound generator thing and would be AMAZING

5 Likes

Any way to suppot you? Donations ?

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:
all I really need is a day or three off… got hired for a sick project which takes up all waking life atm…

4 Likes

What’s your TimePal? I’ll gift you one of my weekends :smiley:

5 Likes

<3

3 Likes

android planned?

Hey Void, just because you never have enough time or feature requests:

You know what would be really cool? If this app let you grab a sample from the DT, do a timestretch or pitch change, then sent it back to DT. It’d be like an OT on steroids.

Now that I’ve planted this little seed of expectation, I’ll just fade off into the background again…

3 Likes

I’m not an android man, sorry.

yes! This will require DT to gain some functionality, namely getting samples off it, so it’s not something I can promise will happen. But sure want to. Basically an offline sample re-shaper…

still no time to do anything at all tho lol

7 Likes